*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316434-Wedding-feast
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1316434
Lexi stalks her prey.

Lexi stalks the woods listening intently for her prey, her padded feet instinctively choosing the quietest place to rest. A slight rustling in the distance catches her attention and she bounds off. The deer holds its position until she is almost upon it. Fear chases it from its hiding place. Shooting like an arrow from a bow, the deer darts into the woods and the chase is on!

The smell of her prey wakens Lexi’s blood lust pushing her to run faster. The opening comes and she pounces. The deer bucks and kicks out, but Lexi clings to it with her cat like claws, seeking the artery she needs to end the struggle. Releasing the tenuous grip of one hand she slices at the pulsing life line just as she is thrown from the deer. With a practiced twist she lands crouched on her feet and once again sprints after the deer. The smell of blood tells her that her aim was true and it is only a matter of time before she will run the deer down.

Lexi settles into a comfortable run as she allows her nose to direct her. A few minutes later she comes upon her prey. The deer is down; its breathing is labored. Even as she watches her prey draws its lasts shuttering breath. Leaning over the dead animal, Lexi thanks it quietly for giving its life to sustain her.

Satisfaction replaces Lexi’s bloodlust as she examines her contribution to tonight’s mating feast. Turning her emerald eyes towards the home compound Lexi sends out a mental request for help bringing her catch home. When her call is heard and replied too, she sits to wait…
© Copyright 2007 Auntynae (renaeayron at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316434-Wedding-feast