*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316445-no-death-just-reality-please
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1316445
the death of a loved one, i wrote a poem, but now its true
last night i get an email from my brother and mom, with some of the worst news anyone can get in thier life. darlene was getting worse. this morning i called to check up, and she had passed away an hour before i got up.

death is a very sweet man, patient at times, but this time, im glad he had taken her hand and gently lifter her into his arms, releasing her from any earthly suffering she has encountered.

i loved darlene dearly, and i know shes made mistakes, we all do, and i know some may think what she did was wrong, but in her mind she was giving her children a life she wasn't going to be able to. im going to miss the fuck out of her, yes. but i know the good lord is now able to hold her closer and more dearly than he was able to here on earth.

she is and always will be in my heart and mind, her blood flows through me and i will never be without her in my life.

for those of you that havent lost a loved one, take them and hold them in your arms and let them know how much you love them, because one day, you wont be able to.

for those of you that have lost a loved one, know that they're still there as long as you carry them in your heart, they're never further than a dream.

and this is for death, please, walk slowly to your destination, let her take in everything she so dearly loved around her one more time, without the pain this time because it might be kinda hard to see once she's so far up. and bring her a rose or two so she doesnt forget the smell, every once in a while, hold her close and whisper in her ear how she is loved and was the greatest thing to ever step upon this earth, she is my mother, and without her, i wouldnt be where i am today.
© Copyright 2007 kamuria wolf (kamuria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316445-no-death-just-reality-please