*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316651-natures-calm-at-sunset
by e
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #1316651
this is a free form writing
As the sun sets it lights the clouds o bright orange and red so vivid it looks like a land in the sky. There under a tree a samurai meditates while kneeling. The wind blows across the valley by the shine off the blades of grass that move with the wind. There the samurai lays motionless, the crickets start chirping singing a song only they know the words too. A cricket hops off a blade of grass and lands on the samurai’s hand. Then out of the calm a sudden gust of wind blows by the tree knocking off the last leaf that clung so hard to its perch. The samurai gently placed the cricket on a blade of grass then got up and turned around to face his village. Slowly he starts walking down the hill. With each step he takes the sound of grass raising after being stepped on is all that fills the air. The samurai stops walking, grabs the hilt of his sword and assumes a stance as if he was on a horse. A scream rings out from his village which can be heard from the highest mountain top. Before the samurai could move a shadowy figure jumped out of the grass straight toward him. He had so little time the react that he was only able to pull out half of his sword from its sheath before the shadowy figure struck his sword. Just as quick as the shadowy figure appear, it vanished into the grass. Now focused and sword drawn he prepared for another attack from the shadow. Then a noise that came from the darkness that sounded like a whistle rang out. All of a sudden the shadowy figure emerged from the grass and took off away from the samurai. Within seconds the samurai took off toward the village were the scream came from. As he got closer to the gate, in front of the village he sees a fellow samurai fighting a figure cloaked in black outside. With a dashing lunge he trusted his sword into the black figure. With an upward push with his sword the black figure let out a moan.  He pulled the sword out and immediately the black figure fell to the ground with a thud. The sound of blades striking and warrior’s battle cries started coming from around the corner of a building. Looking at the samurai beside him he nodded at him. With that they dashed around the corner chanting a samurai’s war cry. There a group of 5 shadows fighting one samurai appeared around the corner. The two samurai dash at the shadows so fast that they didn’t have time to react. One samurai slashed the side of the first shadow while dashing forward, than swung his sword up and across the chest of the second shadow. At the same time the other samurai stabbed the third shadow in the back and did a back spin while pulling the sword out of the third shadows back. Then raising his blade he slashed the forth shadow from the shoulder to the end of its back, while letting out a roar. Then the third samurai deflected a strike from the fifth shadow that threw at the samurai then lowered his stance and trusted his sword across the shadows chest. Then all five shadows hit the ground at the same time.
© Copyright 2007 e (shockerslights at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1316651-natures-calm-at-sunset