*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1317039-Rocco-Deluca--The-Burden-Live
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Shea
Rated: E · Other · Music · #1317039
Rocco Deluca and the Burden - My first review to ever write - let me know what you think.
Rocco Deluca & The Burden
House of Blues, Dallas, TX
September 1, 2007

Rocco Deluca and the Burden are absolutely awesome live. 

September 1, 2007 I had the pleasure of listening to the band live at the House of Blues in Dallas, TX and they rocked the house! Their unique sound encompasses rock, blues and folk music.

From the first string played on the guitar, stick beat on the drum, note played on the keyboard and bongo tapped, Rocco Deluca and the Burden had my attention. Rocco opened the show by rifting away on his Dobro guitar to Colorful. The four piece band displayed their talent by playing each instrument in perfect harmony. They made the music come alive. Each band member played a part –not a one man band. Rocco’s distinct voice sounds as it does on the CD – he truly knows his range both in voice and instrument and isn’t afraid to challenge either one. When I mention that Rocco’s voice sounds as it does on their CD, don’t let it confuse you – their music doesn’t.  It sounds better. Each song is played with more energy and passion. At the end of the concert the band walked off stage as if they were done, but to the fans surprise, Rocco came back on stage with his guitar in hand (no band members) and played a folk song “How Many Times” that gave me chills. Joined back on stage by the Burden they wrapped the show with I Trust You to Kill Me; which revved the crowd up several notches. I highly recommend you purchase their CD and if you get a chance to listen to them live – EVEN BETTER! Rocco Deluca and the Burden make great music, plain and simple.

Current Album – “I Trust you to Kill Me”

Casey Schmidt
© Copyright 2007 Shea (sheaschmidt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1317039-Rocco-Deluca--The-Burden-Live