*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1317115-My-Hell
by War
Rated: E · Chapter · Emotional · #1317115
A young soldiers drop into Normandy durring the libiration of France in WW2
We loaded up our gear as be boarded our DC-3. It was 11:00 at night. June 5 1944. We were preparing for the invasion of opressed Europe. We will liberate the people that have lived under Nazi rule. I could feel the plane move as we taxied out on to the runway. We satrted to gain speed then we were off into the dark night sky. We knew that within two hours we would end up in a hell of fire.
It was 1:30 in the morning. June 6,1944. We started getting fire from the ground. Guess we were in france. The sound of FLAK exploding in the hair made us cower. Yet we know what we must do. The Lieutenant stood up. The sound of FLAK not to mention the engins of plane were loud. He yelled "STAND UP. HOOK UP WITH THE CABLE.WELCOME TO FRANCE".
As he said that some 20mm AA rounds slamed into us. The jump light turned green. We jumped put of our plan as it started to plumit to the ground. It felt as though every gun it Normandy was pointing up at us. We fell from the sky, our shoots opend slinging us back up into the sky. SOme of my commrads were unlucky. Some shoots didnt open, while others opend & then were blasted with machine-gun bullets. They fell like rocks from the dark sky. They landed in trees instantly killing them. Otrhers who landed & didnt mannage to die were cought by the Germans & rounded up. I landed in a barn on the second level.
I fell with quite a thump. I un-hooked my shoot & pulled out my M1 Garand. I moved slowly in the barn. I didnt want to attract any Germans. That would be the last thing I need right now. I saw many more para troopers fall from the sky. I got out of the barn & me up with some para troopers that landed in the feild. I had a feeling this was ganna be a LOOONG DAY.
© Copyright 2007 War (history12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1317115-My-Hell