*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1317579-The-Final-Goodbye-of-Gregory-Wilsonack
by Hoshi
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1317579
This is a suicide note, for a plum named greggy
To my Family and Friends,
I must say goodbye, for I know now that the life that I have been leading is nothing. I am one of six, always living in the shadow of you my brothers and sisters. I am not athletic, artsy, or as talented as you all. It seems that all I can do is spend hours on the computer playing poker.
Maybe my life was like a poker game, one big game of chance, I was dealt total crap, played my cards wrong, and I ran out of money.
But my brothers and sisters, I do truly love you, never think that I didn’t. You always took care of me at school when we were growing up. I have always wanted to thank you for that.
To you mom and dad, I know that you may never believe it, but the reason why I have left this note was not because of you both. No, I am just too lost and messed up. Life was just getting too much for me to try and keep up with the star children. I know that you loved me. Yes I do, but don’t lie to me after I am dead and say that you loved me like you love them. I never brought you home a trophy for the shelf, or an A for the fridge. Some days I never came home at all, I was out being the problem child, doing drugs, drinking, and harming myself, and I knew you loved me because you tried to help. You never knew what to do, though. You sent me to that place because you were so lost and confused. So I decided to take the burden from you.
To the friends I have, I leave the things that no one but you would care about. (It’s in the tin bucket under my bed). You guys taught me how to escape to a world through the miracle of the plant. I love how you made the effort, like you actually cared…Maybe. I thank you for what you did, or tried to do. I was just too far gone to be cured, I had to do this.
I have decided to leave by doing what I have always wished. Just to fly in the wind with one of the things I love the most with me; my music. The place will be in the center of town, atop the apple tree apartments where we first lived. There is where I think I was the happiest, and that is what I keep remembering.
Well I think it is time for this letter to come to an end; my mind is racing and ready to do this.
I will think of all the good things in hell where I will most likely end up. Don’t blame yourselves for what has happened. If you even care that is. This is my final goodbye to you all.

Yours Truly,
Gregory Wilsonack (Greggy)
© Copyright 2007 Hoshi (fallinghoshi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1317579-The-Final-Goodbye-of-Gregory-Wilsonack