*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319070-My-Eyes
by SAM
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #1319070
Follow a killer, as he disposes of the dead....
         I take a deep breath, then walk outside. The rain is pouring down hard. So hard it almost hurts... almost. There is mud everywhere. If I wasn't taking my time I would slip, but I know better.This wasn't my first time dragging a dead body down here. Even in the rain. In fact, I prefer doing it in the rain. It washes all the blood away, and people have a hard time seeing what I'm doing.


         This is actually the third time this month. I don't want to kill them, but they leave me no choice. I don't want to work, and I can't. Working just is not me. So I sneak around, into people's houses, stealing items, and more importantly... money. But if people are home, and they see me, I can't let them live. I can't take the chance. It's them or me, and that choice is obvious.


         Across my yard, and to the street I go. I can't cross yet though, bacause there is a car driving by. And I can't rush or I will make a mistake. I might even fall. I couldn't careless if he sees me though, the rain is to hard for him to see that I'm dragging, the dead body.


         The white car gets closer. It's a cop car. My heart misses a beat. The rain is still pouring down on me, my black hair is soaked, and flat against the top of my head. Drops of water slip through the wrinkles of my face.


         The cop car drives by, while the cop inside stares at me. He knows nothing. A murderer is right in front of his face, with a corpse, and he drives off. They don't know there is a murderer on the loose, all the people I've killed are filed as missing persons. I'm not stupid, I don't leave them behind.


         I then cross the street, to the woods. I enter the dark, wet abyss. The graveyard, my graveyard, for all of those I've killed.
© Copyright 2007 SAM (djqod at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319070-My-Eyes