*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319186-Martinas-Diary--Part-1
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #1319186
Martina, an older lady telling her story hoping someone will read it and be touched
Marina's Diary
September 13, 2007

        People come and people go, barley making a ripple in the ocean that is life. I've known many people in my long life, most of them just passing acquaintances. A few of  them here and there were big influences in my life. Two of them being my parents, but there is one specific person that i remember most of all.
        It was 36 years ago that i met her, the little girl that made all the difference.......

        "Hi!"
        I turned around, wondering who would dare talk to me on such a day. I was having a terrible day, everything that could go wrong, had.
        "Hello," again came the little voice.
        After looking all around me, i looked down. And there she was. Angela Heart. I hadn't seen her because she was only about three feet tall. She was wearing pink Capri's, white tennis shoes and a cute t-shirt that had a little pink butterfly on it. (She liked pink, as i would later find out.)
        "Hello," I said, smiling a little at her.
        It was then that i noticed her legs. They weren't normal legs, at least not what we think of as 'normal'. On her legs were braces. Black, ugly braces that made her skin look a bit too pale.
        I looked away quickly, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. But I couldn't help it, I had to look again. I knew she must have seen me looking because she shifted her legs slightly.
        Looking back at her face, my own starting to go red, I noticed that she didn't look uncomfortable at all. In fact, she looked happy that I was staring at her braces. I was confused, I thought that people that were 'different' didn't like to be looked at. But this one was particularly, I don' t know, I guess rare would be the word for her. So few people are good in this world, but this one was. Little did i know that this child, this little girl, would change my life forever.
© Copyright 2007 Tiara Humphrey (monkeygirl3493 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319186-Martinas-Diary--Part-1