*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319904-Seraglio-of-the-Gods---Dnouement
Rated: XGC · Chapter · Fantasy · #1319904
Thus ends this initial story of the ancient gods.
Seraglio of the Gods – Dénouement


* * *

Thursday morning:

It seems only yesterday that my beloved husband brought me back to earth to start a new life together. We have since been blessed with exceptionally long and happy lives, but it has now come to an end. This will be the last entry in the diary I started when I first met my sweet satyr, sent by Jupiter to initiate me into sexual submission.

Vulcan, the love of my life as well as my best friend and playmate, lies beside me as I wait for my own death. He quietly slipped away from me during the night, leaving me lonely and more than ready to join him in our next adventure together. His mane of dark hair has turned gray with age, and his beautiful green eyes hide now behind closed eyelids. When I pull back the blanket that rumpled many times in the past while we made love, I see Vulcan as he was when I first met him, not as he is now, so cold and lifeless.

Where did the years go? Our golden children of the clouds soon joined those who swelled my belly five times. The first born just nine months after my husband and I arrived on earth was a sweet little girl. I insisted we name her Grace. My daughter, within minutes of her birth, had a delighted Vulcan wrapped around her tiny finger, and he insisted we have another child quickly. If I remember correctly, his exact words were, “Melody, when can we start making the next one?”

Never one to refuse him, I became pregnant almost immediately. I do have to admit I never tired of his lovemaking, and he was an eager participant even after the children stopped coming. Our second daughter, a petite redhead I called Sabrina, was followed by our three sons, Nathan, Aaron, and Jacob. All five children grew into delightful adults, getting their beauty from their father and their wisdom, of course, from me.

Soon, they all married with some of our other children, the golden ones who came before them. Their progeny scattered around the world, and eventually the bloodlines intermixed to end as one glorious race of humans. There was peace throughout the earth, but it was no utopia by any means. Good and venal personality traits of the ancient gods and their women remained in our cloud-seeded offspring, but pure evil no longer was among us. It remains hidden on a shelf in a faraway forge until one day, far in the future, a descendent of Vulcan, the god who once was, might become curious and release the evil from its prison.

I feel my life force slipping away, so I must end this entry and lie one last time beside my lover. The memories of his powerful and naked body bringing me up to the edge of that sexual precipice will keep me warm for the last few minutes of my life.

If you find and read this diary after my husband and I have both faded away, I hope you learn something from the events written about here.

May you and your soul mate experience as much joy and loving as my Vulcan and I shared. Peace to all of you, my children, and good-bye!

THE END OR PERHAPS SIMPLY A NEW BEGINNING

© Copyright 2007 J. A. Buxton (judity at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319904-Seraglio-of-the-Gods---Dnouement