*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1320428-Next-Exit---Prologuepart-1-of-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Drama · #1320428
The story treatment for a graphic novel.
Next Exit
Prologue:

They say there are two sides to every story. This one has three.

Paulie's Concert Hall

One:

I wish I had stayed at home tonight. This is definatly not my scene. This place is a total dump. Too much smoke and the music is too loud. Too many obnoxious people with their loud conversations about nothing. I think there's gonna be a fight brewing tonight.

I don't know why I let Jasmine talk me into coming here tonight. Originally, I wanted to see Victor's rock band, Vicious Circle. Victor is my ex-boyfriend. I had dated him for over two years. He hed reached his junior year at K.S.U. before he dropped out to join some traveling rhythm and blues band out in New York City. That was a year ago when we had parted company. I still love him for some strange reason. But music and that damn guitar was his true love...seriously.

I kid you not. He slept with that guitar. He would rather sleep with that guitar than me. I once thought I was actually jealous of that stupid guitar. How ridiculous.

Oh lord...Now the band is playing our old song. No fair. This song reminds me of some of our better moments we shared when we were together. Victor could be such the spontainous romantic when he wanted to. To hear him sing it right now makes me melt in my seat. Not fair. I just love that spooky guitar solo that always pierced through me. Then at the end of the song, Victor sees me and throws a wink of his eye at me. All I could do was blush. Not fair at all.

Still, I didn't feel confortable. I really don't like clubs. I would rather relax at home and pop in one of their CD than to see then in a dirty place like this. I really never love rock music until I met Victor. I miss how he would sing and play just for me. Now that I see him on stage, the memories keep lingering back into my mind. I love his slow songs the best. Those melodies were so pretty and soothing. Right then I closed my eyes and was in deep thought. I thought of the happier times and everything I loved about this man.

Soon, their first set was over, and the music from the jukebox filled the air. I wake back up to reality once again. I begin to get restless and is quite ready to get back home.

I haven't seen Jasmine for more than an hour now. I wonder where she had gone. I got up out of the chair and started to walk around the club to find her. The place was getting quite crowded, almost to the point that I couldn't breathe. People pushing and shoving trying to get someplace. I make it to the bar, but still no Jasmine. Just at that very moment, I see her conversating with a couple of gastly looking guys. Look like either drug dealers or part of some motercycle. With this girl there is no telling what she will do. She is so boy crazy. It's like an addiction with her. All I know is that she is not gonna leave me stranded here. She is my ride here, and I hope she is sober enough to drive us home.

I walk over to where she was, and I noticed her guzzling down a glass of beer. My first thought was she was already drunk and these two "men" would take advantage of her and toss her away like a rag doll, just like her jailbird ex-husband had done before he was sent away. I just couldn't see that happening again, at least not in my presence. I had to do something.

I stepped up to her, and she looked at me with those bloodshot eyes. I knew then she was quite intoxicated and maybe drugged up too. She tries to introduce them to me, telling them I was in need of a date. One of the guys tried to pull me towards him. but I pushed back away for him. I started to get really angry at Jasmine. I quickly grabbed her, pulling her from in between them. I got her as far as the dance floor when she scratched me deep in my arm with her fingernails. She started to yell and screem at me, telling me to let her go. I had never seen her like this. What happened.

Next thing I knew, she attacked me right there on the dancefloor. We got to fighting. Slapping, pulling hair and kicking each other. But things really began to go wrong when she pulled out a pocket knife and stabbed me right below my chest. I stood there in disbelief. Blood was gushing from the wound, right through my blouse. I then saw the look in her eyes, as though she couldn't believe what she had done. I then felt faint, and just then, I fell to the floor. Jasmine then ran away.

People in the crowd were in a frenzy. Some were paniced, others just spectating. I think that was when I passed out.

When I came to, I was being carried out on a streacher. I saw a massive row of police cars surrounding the club. Then I heard the news from somewhere out in the crowd. "Bobby is dead." All I could think about at that point was that I am so lucky that I still am here, alive. When I heard the paramedic say, "Don't worry, you will be alright", it was like a blessing.

I don't know who this "Bobby" kid was, but I still cried for him. I started to think about one of Victor's friends who had the same name. Soon I was too drugged from the painkillers to think of anything.

Ironically, I was right. There was a fight tonight. I just had no idea it would involve me.

                                                              1. Cathy
© Copyright 2007 BadScorpio (crazyart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1320428-Next-Exit---Prologuepart-1-of-3