*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1320805-Loving-Yourself
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1320805
Just a few tips on how to feel better about yourself~
Learning How to Love Yourself (Without Feeling Dirty)

1. Self-image: Each morning, when you stumble gracefully out of your soft, cushy bed, and trot your way to the bathroom to make your pearly whites sparkle like diamonds, look yourself straight in the eye of the mirror, flash a lovely grin, and say, "Hey there, you smokin' hot beast!". Variants are also welcome, but just remember to be wary if there are innocent ears prowling outside of the water closet.

2. Mutual Relations: If you want to earn people's admiration, affection and trust, then think about how you'd treat a crush, significant other, or a soulmate and apply the platonic ends of your romance to everday relationships. You'll already know what to do if you've found that someone, so just roll with what you've got... and remember, platonic means no kissing unless your buds are cool with it.

3. Accomplishments: Plop yourself down, find something personally enjoyable and productive, and simply set to work on doing the best job at it that you've got in you. Productive, by the by, doesn't have to entail a community service project: if you can draw a picture that brings a smile to your lovebird's lips, or write up a poem that melts the hearts of your adoring fans, that's just as perfect.

4. Clothing: Don't go dressing up just to pander to the crowds, but don't dress yourself down to get under their skin either. Find something that fits you physically and socially, give it a whirl for comfort and style, then run with it if you like it. Dress for yourself, witholding special occasions, and don't get arrogant about what you're wearing.

5. Attitude: Finally, and this is the most important one: simply be yourself. If you happen to fit in with the crowd, or deviate from them entirely, then that's fine; just don't change yourself solely for the purpose of being an insider or an outsider. Whatever kind of person you are, approach unfamiliar faces as new friends rather than as strangers; you'll be astonished and delighted as our world gets a little bit brighter when we smile at each other rather than frowning at one another and turning away.
© Copyright 2007 Shujyboy (shujy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1320805-Loving-Yourself