*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1321049-When-The-Rain-Is-Silent
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1321049
We all suffer from broken hearts from time to time, it has different for each heart!
That old tin roof is humming with the falling of the rain. It seems to have lost its melody, I know that may sound strange.

It used to sound so beautiful, as we rocked in that old chair. Even the rainbow has lost its color, saddened because you're not here.

Once the thunder, failed to compare, to the beating of our hearts.
Now there's only silence, since our love fell apart.

A rumble rolled through the valley, and then rumor turned to fact.
It's been forever since I've held you; my heart still wants you back.

But a heart like mine and a woman like you, was destined for a fall.
I was happy with the little things, but you, you wanted it all.

That's why the roof is quiet, though the rain is pouring down.
Between the tears and torrent, I'm afraid that I might drown.

The flood of emotion that grips me puts a hurricane to shame.
The thoughts that swirl inside my head have caused my world to change.

And a heart like mine, though it is broke, is still beating tried and true.
someday I'll find my rainbow, I wish it had been you
© Copyright 2007 rollerderby (tendertouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1321049-When-The-Rain-Is-Silent