*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322322-tortoise
by van O
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #1322322
It's a greek story about an old man, a eagle, and a rather stuborn tortoise.
High above the Athenian plains a big eagle was circling impatiently. After catching him a rather plump looking tortoise, much pleased with its chubby little legs, he was anticipating a rather luscious meal. The tortoise on the other hand was a rather spiteful and petty fellow, deciding to retract its head and fat little feet into its shell – refusing to come out. With his dinner sulking in its shell the eagle took to the sky clutching the tortoise between his claws. Down in the footpath beneath the eagle, an old man was out for a brisk stroll. He often came out to the plains to smell the flowers along the little footpath. He found that the sun beating down on his bald head – glimmering proudly of age – was somewhat rejuvenating. So peaceful and content he walked down the footpath minding his own business when with a hollow thud the old man suddenly sank down to the ground. His frail legs giving way under him and is arms flying upward in the air as his body pulled downward – falling limp in the dust. The eagles flew down bewildered and landed next to the old mans limp body. Mistaking the bald head for a rock, the eagle dropped his tortoise on it to trying to crack the shell, but instead he not only caused the old mans fatality but also lost his tortoise. The tortoise was in fact making its escape in a manner which would let most people conclude that the tortoise has been out drinking the day.
© Copyright 2007 van O (thepenguin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322322-tortoise