*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322408-Winter-stars
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #1322408
I suppose this is a monologue... a narrative of my reflections on life one winter night
I'm in a... mood... again.

The kind where the night fascinates me

and winter starts to enthrall me

I hate being cold but I love the feel of the wind cutting through you... it feels as if you don't belong on the earth anymore, like you don't exist in the vastness of nature.

I love the stars...

I was walking home this... evening... and looked up at the sky and saw orions belt in the most amazing glow I have ever seen before. The rain had just settled into the earth, the smog was cleared and my eyes were slightly teary and blurry... It was the most magnificent glow I have ever seen radiate from a row of stars...

I think the most romantic thing in the world would be to wrap up in a blanket in the middle of winter, get a warm mug of cocoa, and sit on the roof cuddling with your other, watching the stars collide...

Silence is more romantic than it seems. Silence tells stories that words cannot comprehend...  Sometimes all you need is a look... or a smile... or that gleam in your eyes that tells a tale of a galaxy unfolding. Silence is the mystery you carry in your pocket.

Have you ever wrapped yourself in a blanket so tightly you can feel your chest moving with each breath?

I'm beginning to like winter again. I say this every year and i always take it back... but somehow... I think I mean it this year. I feel like I am putting my life back on track mentally... pushing out the old and accepting the new... embracing change as it beckons me. I'm starting to like change.

Doesn't mean I know what I'm going to go for the rest of my life... doesn't mean I know ehere I am going to be in 6 months...

But this anonymous fate I have derived for myself ... it appeases me for now.



I want to love again. Not like I ever stopped loving... in fact I learn to love more everyday.

But I want to love life like i used to. I want to live every moment like it was a pebble in my path... I want to feel joy when think about my future... I want my child-like brilliance again. I can touch it with my fingertips... I just need to reach a little further now.



The stars are so beautiful in los angeles. Probably more beautiful than the stars on the highest mountain peaks...

Because when you see stars in LA... Youre seeing stars that no one else appreciates... that hardly anyone sees or expects. But they are there. Theyre always there no matter how much you take them for granted... no matter how much smog has accumulated over the skyline.

Those are the most beautiful stars in the universe.
© Copyright 2007 Amber Rose (clearisacolour at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322408-Winter-stars