*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322817-what-a-day
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1322817
This is a story about what a day this guy had.
                                         
                        What a day
                    By: Jason Young










I began to walk through the woods, on a narrow path; my shadow sun dialed 5p.m. I knew I had to rush home. As I noticed I was not alone, I began to streak with fright. Not knowing where this path will lead me. I can see a shadow approach mine. A jogger passes me in a rush, as I felt relief as I exit this path. I was in front of wedge wood west apartments where uncle lenny once lived. I am on heritage drive across from Lafayette forest condos. I walked across the street and went up the small dirt path into donnybrook court. As I arrive at 7722 building my brother Steve was in his wife’s explorer. I asked “hey bro, where you headed?” he replied “I’m going to the carwash to pick up my paycheck”. So I decided to go with him.

         We arrive at the car wash, he got his check. Then we left for the bank as we ran into our friend Alan. He asked Steve “What’s up? You headed towards the bank?” he replied “yes hop in” so he gets in and we head to the bank. Alan sparks up a Newport as I smell the aroma from the back seat. I asked him if I could get one as I didn’t buy some yet. He said “sure” I stuck it over my ear as we get to the bank. I decided I’d go in with Steve and Alan. As we approach the entrance doors we run into Steve’s wife Karen, as she was depositing her check into their bank account. He walks up to her with a short kiss. She asked him if he wanted to deposit his check also. He agreed, so Steve, Alan, Karen and myself jump in the car and head towards their house.
As we entered their house I take a seat on their futon couch. Alan grabs the cable remote and turns it to Fresh Prince of Bel Air sitcom. While we were into the show, Steve and Karen asked us if we wanted to go out to eat. We agreed and I turned off the TV to signal we all were ready to go. Steve tells me we have to wait for mother to arrive to go with us. So I turn back on the TV as we waited for mother to come so we could leave. After twenty minutes she knocks on their door. I open it and motion to come in. we were now going to go eat. As we leave in the explorer, mom follows behind. They ask everyone where a good place to eat in Fairfax was. I replied “how about old country buffet” they liked the idea as I felt like a leader. But first we get to 7 eleven store in Fairfax circle. I went in with Karen we both grabbed a pack of Newport’s and leave for the buffet.

         After we ate, we decided to go to mother’s house for desert. As we arrive there, I see dad in the front lawn tending to his garden he had just planted. I walked up to him and asked if he need an extra hand. He said “no son I’m ok right now” so I went inside with mother and the gang. I search through mother’s freezer and she had ice cream. So I made some for everyone and chatted awhile until we seceded to go back to donnybrook. As we got onto I495 outer loop highway, Steve wanted to go grab some beer from the store, so we could drink tonight. I’m not a big drinker but I agreed to tonight. After purchasing a twenty four pack of beer, we went back. Again I sit down on their futon and Alan grabs me a cold one. I turned the TV to wrestling.

         Every Monday we would watch wrestling. Sort of a tradition in the family. After the program my bro took me to my house in Sterling. I was too intoxicated to go to my room, so I fell asleep in my living room. I didn’t wake up till the morning. I had the worst headache ever in my life. I decided to make some breakfast before I had to go to work at 9am.  I get in my Mercedes and start it up forgetting to turn off the radio. Now I have a pounding migraine. So I popped some Advil’s to stop the pounding. As I arrive to work, I remembered I forgot my paper work. So I had to go to my meeting without it. My boss asked me if I was fine. I replied “yes I’m fine” so I went through my day and at 4pm I finally got off and headed home.

         As I arrived home, I noticed my front door is open. so I went back to my car and called the police. After fifteen minutes past the cops come and inspected my house and said it was all clear. As I entered I noticed my second set of keys to my hummer were gone. I made a report to the police and proceeded to search the rest of the house and that was all someone took. So I lie down and take a nap in disgust. After about an hour I got up and showered to get ready to go out with my girlfriend lacy. After my shower I called Lacy to tell her what happened as she sounded shocked herself. After an hour Lacy arrived to my house. I give her a kiss and we leave. We decided to go to the club in Dc. We were having such a good time that I forgot about my keys being missing. Until we arrived to my house, and saw my Hummer missing from my driveway. I became so irate about it, because I knew this would happen. Lacy started to hug me, so I hugged her back. I was too upset because I had just gotten that Hummer 3 days earlier. I attempted to call the police when Lacy looked out the window. She saw the hummer parked in the street, with it’s headlights on in the driveway. I run out with my gun and approach the car with caution. I look through the window and see the key’s in the ignition. I felt relief.
© Copyright 2007 theriddler (jjriddle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322817-what-a-day