*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1323107-Who-is-Going-to-Win
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1323107
Three ducks in a race, see who makes it to the end!
Who’s Going to Win?

Three ducks begin a race.
One duck is a Mallard.
Another duck is an American Black.
The last duck is a Ring-Necked.
On your mark, get set, GO!
All of them start the race by going in a straight line.
The Mallard duck is in the lead.
Rounding the corner, the Mallard is still ahead.
The Mallard saw a big Canadian Goose and stopped to talk to her.
Because the Mallard chose to stop, the American Black duck swam into the lead.
Next was the Ringed-Necked duck.
Once the other ducks had passed, the Mallard decided he better start racing again.
At a tree along the way, the American Black duck saw a large bull-frog and stopped to talk to him.
The Ringed-Necked duck swam a little faster when he passed the American Black duck. He knew he was in the lead at last.
The Ringed-Neck duck came upon a fish, a big carp, that wanted to talk. The Ringed-Neck duck told the carp, “I can’t talk right now, I am swimming a race!”
Because the Ringed-Neck duck did not stop to talk to the fish, he was able to win the race.
Congratulations to the Ringed-Neck duck!
The moral to the story is, if you keep doing something that you believe in, you can always come out as a winner.
© Copyright 2007 adamsdd1 (adamsdd1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1323107-Who-is-Going-to-Win