*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325104-How-the-moon-was-made
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1325104
This is a completely made up explanation for the moon.
Long, long ago there was a man named Zachary Moon. This man was an indian mischief-maker. He got in trouble with EVERYONE. But one day he just went a little too far, and got someone a little too mad.
Moon had this crazy idea. He was going to play a really mean trick on the strongest man in the tribe, Gregory Night. He didn't even think of the consequences, he just thought of how funny it would be for him.
You see, Mr. Night ws very superstitious. He had tons of little charms and powders and all that. His favorite powder though was a tiny bag of sparkling dust. He believed this little bag of sparkling dust was able to make a person live forever.
hen Mr. Moon heard about this bag of dust, he didn't believe it. He wanted to see for himself.

(BEING EDITED)


So I'm just going to say Mr. Night got very very VERY mad at Mr. Moon. a week after he Moon did his little trick he went to bed, and Night crept into his teepee and cut off Moon's head. Moon woke up at the pain of this and screamed and screamed and screamed. His screaming was so loud it woke everyone up. Night couldn't even stand it, so he threw Moon by the hair into the night sky, and Moon just kept going and screaming, going and screaming. He finally stopped
at a few billion miles from the earth. He has been there for centuries, screaming
for help. he is old and white now and his head is bigger than it used to be, but he can still be seen, screaming in the night sky. If you look closely enough you will see his terrified face. But remember...Never try to help Mr. Moon. Because if you do, Mr. Night would get mad and he'll cut your head off just like he cut off Mr. Moon's. Ever wonder how all those stars came to be? They are the eyes of people who have tried to help Mr. Moon in the past. You don't want to end up like them, do you? If you had a plan to help Moon...You had better be having second thoughts now.

By,
Nikki
© Copyright 2007 Dark Angel (1nikki1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325104-How-the-moon-was-made