*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325476-World-Of-Nightmares
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rain
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1325476
Hyde saves Rain from the emptiness, until two abrupt visitor’s travel into Rain’s World
In a domed ceiling, theatre Rain Brooke sat in the center seat looking at the Christmas production she assembled. She sat there isolated that Christmas eve. She wished that her parents and sisters were there to see what she had conducted.
As the production began a little girl with long brown hair walked up to the microphone. She wasn't any older than eight years old. She wore a long, white, rippling dress with a golden belt wrapped around her thin waist. Once the piano started on cue, the girl started to sing. This girl possessed a phenomenal voice suitable for the archangel of Heaven.
All the parents sat in astonishment, gazing at the girl, trying to believe that this voice indeed came from this little girl. That was until the adolescence in the audience started to deprecate the little girl. She started to become frightened at the audience she felt as if she had done something immoral. She looked at Rain Brooke who gave her a reassuring glance. With that, Rain rose from her set slowly and gracefully. As she came to her feet, she spoke to the audience of the theater,
“Will you who are at this time expressing yourselves in a cruel and heartless fashion, either depart from this theatre. Or remove yourself from all of those you befriend therefore we will not continue to have this dilemma?” As she finished her commanded, uproar befell within the theater. Majority of the adolescence's stood from their seats and bawled at Rain.
"I understand this is such a difficult task for you to perform that is for what reason I will have someone assistance you." She said while the security guards grabbed the adolescence and pulled them from the room.
Rain looked back at the small and frightened girl and motioned her to finish singing. Once Rain sat back in her seat she let her eyes wander the audience. Her eyes stayed dormant on one distinctive boy. He looked a little older than Rain. The boy turned his head a little and noticed Rain watching him. Rain instantaneously jerked her head back to the little girl singing.
A couple minutes afterwards the boy walked over and sat down next to Rain. Then another man sat down to the other side of her. Rain paid no attention to the boy until he leaned over and whispered in her ear,
"Confront me outside after the production."
Rain figured that this boy wasn't just talking about talking. She knew he wanted something else. Rain sat in her seat until the production was over. She still sat there even after everyone left the theater. She didn't want to leave her seat. If she did, she would have to confront the boy.
Rain heard footsteps approaching from behind her. She just sat there, though, waiting for them to come closer. What would she do if this were that boy? The footsteps came closer then stopped. Rain could feel the hairs on her arm rise as she sat there in silence waiting for something to happen. The next second she felt a hand wrap around her face, covering her mouth.
Rain first reflex was to grab the hand covering her mouth. She then bit at the hand, this sent shrivels of pain threw the theater. As suspected the hand released Rain. She then nonchalantly strolled out of the room.
She started to panic. As she panicked, she noticed that she was picking up her pace considerably. So instinctively, she picked up the pace until she was running. While she was running she had a flashback when she was very young. She was on a beach with her mother and father. They were all having an enjoyable time. Before, a man came from the parking lot, he seemed like a pleasant businessman. That was until he came up to Rain’s father and clutched the gun to Rain’s head shouting at her father. About miscellaneous absurdity, that at that age, Rain didn’t comprehend.
Rain couldn’t from that day on trust anyone no matter how nice and innocent they may look. Therefore, she ran to a room where she could hide from whomever tried to capture her. She knew by the size of the hands that her attacker couldn't have been very old. His hands weren't large nor worn.
This room was considerably bigger than the theatre. All of the sides of the room were covered in mirrors. The frames of the mirrors made out of pure gold, this room could be suited for a monarch. The mirrors where lined with shimmering fruit of all kinds. Everything in the room shimmered and sparkled from the light provided by a crystal chandelier that hung in the middle of the ceiling. Engraved into the gold frames of the mirrors where diamonds of all sizes, ranging from 1 karat to 100 karats. She continued to walk through the room to find a hiding place.
Until she saw a figures representation reflecting in all of the mirrors. The individual was stationary in the doorway. She turned around just to see if it was a figurative of her imagination. That was when to her abhorrence, she saw the boy about six feet tall overwhelming over her 5’2”.
“You’re a vicious little girl. It will acquire a lot more effort to drag you down.” Rain stood there shocked,
“Well if you do let me say so. You're not very Herculean boy for your age. You should have known that I would have bitten you. That's why the norm of all kidnappers wear gloves.” She said in an eloquent voice hoping to seduce the boy, so she could get away. Rain knew whom this boy was working for; he was part of an elite government force that is trying to capture her for her computer-generated world. So, in an attempt of getting away, she ran straight towards the boy. At the last second, she moved over just to scarcely pass by the boy.
When she came to a door, which read "storage room", she opened it and ran up the stairs. However, when she was about mid-way up the steps saw a man at the top of the steps. It was as if he was waiting for her. Although, the man was standing beyond Rain, she kept running for her existence was being jeopardized.          
When she was close enough to the top of the stairs she grabbed the railing put her foot on the ledge and pulled her self to the top floor, passing over the banister. She went to dash to the left away from the man, however there was nowhere to run it was a dead end. She had just backed herself into a corner.
Just as soon as she turned around to face, the man, the boy was also standing there. She figured that they both were from the government. Therefore, her only manner to escape would be to run. To run right towards them and into the following room.
That’s when she attempted her plan. She ran right straight towards both men then in-between them. Before she could pass them one of them snatched Rain’s arm before she could get any farther. Rain, though, briskly spinning around to breaking free of his grasp was the only why to free herself. Therefore, that's what she did, and just barely stopped her from falling on her bottom. Spinning around on her heels, she ran into the following room.
When she came into the room, she checked her surroundings quickly to see if there was any means of escape. She saw a stack of boxes in the left corner of the room, and above that, she saw a window. She quickly, with the men still behind her, ran over to the boxes jumped up on one of them, then to another one. Until she reached the top of the boxes.
When she reached the window she trying to open it. It wouldn't budge though it must have been painted shut. Therefore, she smashed the glass, with her foot. Then elbowing out the screen, she saw that she was clear to make it out the window. So she positioned herself in the frame of the window and prepared to jump. Jumping straight out of the window Rain went. Instead of hitting the ground or gliding through the air, Rain felt a hand around her wrist that brought her back towards the building and plunging to the wall. She looked up to see what she might have caught herself on she looked up and saw the older man halfway out the window holding onto her wrist.
“Let me go!” She yelled, while pulling her other hand up to her wrist. She then started to hit and scratch at his hands.
“Just trust us Rain Brooke we are here to help you.” Said the man as he dropped her.
“What the…”
Rain plunged to the ground, but instead of hitting the hard ground, she landed on something soft. When she stood to her feet, turned around, she noticed the boy underneath her. Rain didn't really understand what the man was talking about when he said that they were there to help her. She wasn't going to take any chances. All "what if" ran through Rain's head? She wouldn't take this anymore. After she helped the boy to his feet, she turned around, to run away.
The boy grabbed her wrist before she could go anywhere. The abrupt action scared Rain into punching the boy in the face. She stood there for an insignificant second watching the crimson liquid drain from the boys nose. Rain turned back around only to run into the previous man.
Rain went to run to the left of her, since the building is on the opposite side, she didn't get anywhere fast though the man grabbed her around the waist lifting her into the air so she could escape again. Rain's breathing became heavy and her blood became aroused. She couldn't hold the pain in any longer. Rain's chest started to glow. Her shirt slowly started to burn. Out of the hole, made in her shirt by the glowing light, came a pendant breaking off its chain.
The pendant floated in the air in front of Rain. Rain started chanting in an unknown language and the pendant's light faded then quickly came back with script flying from the pendant. Words were now written in the sky around the pendant. Rain started to read the words with an overlaid voice. Her voice was now interlarded with a voice of determination and sternness.
After the words in the script were read, Rain's pendant opened into a portal. Rain's body was being sucked into the portal her feet lifted from the ground with her mid-section was being pulled into the portal first Rain started to slip from the grip of the man.
Rain floated gracefully into the portal. The man looked at the portal in bewilderment. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He knew that the reason for them chasing her was because she had make this portal that transferred her into a computer generated world she created, but he didn't think that it was real.
Before the man could take a step forward into the portal, it closed. There was no trace that showed the portal had been there, until the pendant, Rain once wore around her neck, landed atop the grass in front of both men.

~*~

Rain's motionless body floated above the sandy beach, to her world. Rains' chest faced towards the sky while her limbs hung limp as she gracefully floated downwards towards the sand.
Rain's unconsciousness passed as she rose to her elbows. She looked pleased, her world was just they way she programmed it to be. Rain pushed herself off the sandy beach and to her feet. As she looked out across the crisp blue water, she watched the sun set in the near horizon.
Turning her head to the left, down across the beach, she saw nothing but woods. To her right, she saw everything.
"I made this world to escape from the tortures that I have gone through, in the process of creating this world. Now I'm standing in the mist of all that I have made." Rain said to herself while walking towards the "everything".
Rain could almost touch the "everything" as she reaches with out stretched arms she failed miserably.
"Why can't I touch it?" She reached for it again in vein. "I made you!" She yelled towards her world and with out stretched arms she screamed again, "You shall do as I command! Bring the everything into reach!"
The worst came into Rains' view. The "everything" was becoming nothingness. The "everything" was shrinking into the horizon and disappearing forever. "No! I said come to me!" Rain ran towards the "everything's" nothingness. She approached the waters edges and with long lunges she ran through the enigmatic water.
She eventually fell hard into the water. She wouldn't give up, though; she swam after the "everything". She could never reach it. Rain became tired and when she looked back towards the beach, she was one mile from shore. There was no way she could make it back towards the beach. She was already exhausted.
Rain knew the main way to get back was to float. Rain let her body go limp while letting it float to the top of the water without any effort. This way she could relax her tight muscles while hopping the water will drift her towards the shoreline.

~*~

"Dad, how are we going to get her now?" The boy asked his father who was staring in astonishment at the pendant that lied dormant atop of the grass.
"Cody, I think the way is staring us right in the face." Cody's father said while leaning over and picking the pendant up with his left hand. He held the pendant up so his son could see it. Cody leaned in closer to the pendant. Along the right side was that very same inexplicable writing that appeared around the pendant when Rain called forth upon the pendant.
"Is that what made the portal?" Cody asked his father.
"This is exactly what created the portal." He said while standing up and walking towards a vehicle with his son two strides behind him.

~*~

         Rain's limp body drifted up on shore. She lay there staring at the sky while the icy and enigmatic water encompassed her body.
         "I will not live in this world by myself, to only find out that everything is leaving me." She stated before leaning on her elbows and looking out towards the crystal water. "I create you from the crystal water. Your hair shall be the color of the sandy beach. Your eyes shall be the color of the enigmatic water. You skin shall be delicate to the touch and reflex the sun. The "everything" shall bow to you. Lastly you shall protect me from the nothingness."
         Rain watched as the water spiraled towards the sky in a cryptic cycle. The water suddenly stopped moving. That was when it splashed back down into the crystal sea leaving a boy with the same descriptions as Rain had described when creating her protector. The boy, half-submerged in water, walked towards Rain.
         He stood in front of Rain holding a hand out to help her up off the wet and sandy beach. Rain took his hand and he pulled her towards his wet body. Rain looked up into the boy’s crystal blue eyes. She was utterly bewildered that her creation was this perfect.          
         “I will call you Hyde.” She said while leaning into Hyde’s chest. He wrapped his arms around her tighter while kissing the top of her head. Rain pulled away after a couple of minutes. She looked at the boy once more before looking past him and at two figures falling from the sky. 

~*~

         After 2 hours of drive with his dad, Cody and his father finally reach a building with the words governmental experts in experiments and foreign languages writing on a small sign next to the building. Cody’s dad parked the car the garage before exiting the car and walking towards the elevator.
         Once in the elevator Cody pressed the glowing button that said 21st on it. The elevator slowly lifted to the 21st floor. When the sliding doors opened, exposing them to the 21st floor Cody and his dad exited the elevator and walked into the hall of mobs people in white uniforms.
         They walked down several halls before reaching a door that read Brandon Strife. Cody opened the door to see several plasma TV and several control panels. As the walked into the dark room, they were greeted by a familiar voice.
         “So, I hope that you brought me something good this time. Maybe something about that lovely Rain Brookes.” The voice said while emerging from the darkness.
         “Yes, we have something of the girls. We are hoping that you can unlock the secrets to this pendant.” Cody’s father said while holding the pendant out for Brandon to see. Brandon held his hand out under the pendant for Cody’s father to hand it to him. Cody’s father dropped the pendant into Brandon’s hand as Brandon was hoping he would do.
         “Hmm. This is very interesting Mr. Gordon.” Brandon said with wide eyes looking at the pendant. He walked away from the two of them while examining it. He set it on a wooden table and turning a light on above the table. He was looking very intently at the pendant.
         Cody looked at his father confused and then looked back at Brandon. Brandon was no older than 19 years old and he was already part of the government’s secret agents. Brandon walked back over to the two of them and said,
         “I hope that you are in no hurry for me to de-code this pendant. This is going to take some work. Do you know anything about this.”
         He asked while holding the pendant in front of his face.
         “The only thing that we know is that this pendant is how Rain transfers herself into her world.” Said Cody,
         “Well we also know that the scrip on the side of the pendant right here on the right is the same script that Rain read before the portal appeared.” Mr. Gordon explained while pointing the script on the side of the pendant.
         “Well this might be easier than I thought.” Brandon said turning around and walking back over to the table. It looked like he was writing something on a piece of paper before returning to Mr. Gordon.
         “This is what I will need. Do you think that you could get it for me? I would also like it if Cody stayed back with me.” Brandon asked while handing a sheet of paper to Mr. Gordon.
         “Yes, of course.” Mr. Gordon said before taking the list into his hand and turning around to leave the room. When the door closed, Brandon looked over at Cody with an elaborate expression on his face.
         “So,” he started while walking back over to the table, “is she hot?” Brandon asked Cody.
         “Well… umm… I…” He let out a sigh before finishing, “Yeah, she’s beautiful.”
         “Sweet, this will make this all the more rewarding.” Brandon said before reading the script on the pendant.
         “So, are you going to be able to de-code this script? It looks like nothing I’ve ever seen before.” Cody asked while pulling himself on top of the table and pointing to the script.
         “Yeah, this code is going to be quite easy. This code isn’t of any real language this is a child’s language you seen this symbol here well when I child writes certain letter in the alphabet for the first time this is normally what it looks like.”
         “So, you are saying when she was reading the script she was talking baby talk?”
         “No, it’s not quite that simple. She did use a different language I think that this is Japanese. I just have to talk and scan this onto my computer and reconstruct it in to the real Japanese symbols and we will have the key to her world.” Brandon walked over to his scanner and sent the pendant into it before closing it and pressing the big green button on top.
         Cody looked towards the big screen in front of him and saw the pendants scan on the screen. Then Brandon drugs the scan into a photo reconstruction program. He then clicked threw the file and drop downs clicked different buttons that were changing the way the pendants writing looked.
         Finally after a couple of hours of working on the pendants script it was clear. This was the Japanese language. Brandon was right on that.
         “Well, what does it say?” Cody asked Brandon who was looking at the scrip intently before reverting his gaze over to Cody. Brandon’s eyes had shown with excitement.
         “She’s a very smart little gal, I’ll give her this much. The scrip says a paragraph in the old text of the holy ones.” Cody’s expression changed just as quick as Brandon’s then both looked back towards the screen.
         “So, read it. If you do we will be transferred into her world.” Cody said while looking back towards Brandon.
         “Do you think that we should wait for your father to return first?”
         “No, we can just leave a note telling him where we are. We have to bring the pendent with us too. We can’t leave it here.” Brandon looked confused at what Cody was telling him, “The pendent is the way we get back too.”
         “Oh, okay well here write the note on this.” Brandon said while throwing Cody a notebook and a pen. Cody caught it with easy and opened the book to the first blank page. He started to write the note while Brandon was removing the pendant from the scanner.
         Cody finished writing the note, ripped it out of the book and set it on the wooden table. He then walked over to where Brandon was standing. Brandon looked at Cody. Cody gave him a reassuring look. Brandon looked back towards the screen and started to read the script.
         The same this happened to them that happened when Rain read the same thing. The portal opened and Cody and Brandon walked into it without rethinking what they were doing.

~*~

         When Rain looked closer towards the figures falling from the sky, she noticed that one of them looked familiar. She could place where she had seen him before. Hyde quickly reverted his gaze in the same place as Rain. He too saw the figures falling into the crystal water. Hyde's grip around Rain's waist became tighter. He stepped forwards lifting Rain bridal style and walked further up the beach, away from the falling figures.
         "I think I know them." Rain said to Hyde while looking behind him.
         "I don't care they maybe a threat to you, also." Hyde said while staring straight ahead. Rain let out a sigh while turning her body in Hyde's arms.

~*~

         Brandon and Cody's motionless body's gracefully floated onto the clear water. Brandon instantaneously woke up when his body landed onto the cold water. Cody on the other hand just lay there floating on the enigmatic water.
         Brandon looked around him to check his surroundings. He looked towards the shore and saw two figures walking away from the beach. One a boy and the other a girl, he figured that the girl was Rain, but he didn't know who the boy could be. Mr. Gordon and Cody only informed him of a girl.
         When Brandon noticed that his friend wasn't waking he swam over to his static body and shook him. At first, he didn't even flinch, but after shaking him violently for five more seconds Cody awoke from his unconsciousness.
         "Wo, we're in her world." Cody said swimming upright.
         "Yeah, I think that I saw her walking on shore with some dude. You knew told me that there was someone else." Brandon said disappointed.
         "There wasn't anyone else. At least not that I knew of. When she transported herself here in front of us, she was by herself. Maybe this boy was here when she came here." Cody corrected Brandon.
         "Yeah, she could have made others so that she wasn't alone here." Brandon said with a little more excitement in his voice.
         After agreeing on who this boy might be, they started to swim towards shore.

~*~

         "Hyde, where are we going?" Rain asked the man who was holding her while walking threw woods and sandy beaches.
         "Home my dear child." Rain looked at Hyde with confusing written across her face.
         "Home? I didn't know I made a home here." Rain asked in utter confusion.
         "You didn't dear I did. For us." Rain nodded and looked ahead of them she saw coming out of the trees was a little house on the beach looking out towards the Crystal water.
         "Hyde, it's beautiful." Rain said while Hyde released her to the ground. She quickly ran towards the house. Running up the steps to the porch and down the porch. She quickly stopped herself when she came up to the railing. She grabbed the rail and gasped at the view of that water.
         "I thought that you might like it." Hyde said while walking up next to her and leaning against the rail.
         "I love it." Rain said while throwing herself over the railing and running down the beach towards the shoreline. She stopped when the water reached her feet. She stood in the icy water. The water splashed up on Rain's legs as she stood there.
         Hyde stayed on the porch watching Rain playing in the water. There was something inside him that was pulling himself towards her, but another part wanted to stay away from her. It was as if he was repelled by her.
         "Hyde!" Rain yelled towards his waving her hand to signal him to come to her. Hyde just stood there on the porch, though, watching her as she ran towards him. She tripped a couple of times in the sand, but quickly picked herself back up.
         She ran up the porch steps and over to Hyde. He watched her the whole way. He started into her crystal green eyes as she sat on the railing next to her.
         "You should come down to the beach with me." She said while turning her head towards the beach.
         "I'm just tired right now. I'll come with you later okay." He said while a smile plastered on his flawless face.
         "Okay." Rain cheered while throwing her arm behind her head as if something bit the back of her head.
         "Are you okay?" Hyde asked,
         "Yeah, just an itch." She said closing her eyes and smiling. Hyde had to smile when she did. She looked so harmless and cute when she smiled at him. He was indeed in love with her, but they other part of him wanted to conflict pain towards her.
         "Do you want to go inside?" Hyde asked,
         "Sure." Rain cheeped while jumping off the railing and ran towards the sliding doors where Hyde was already standing. He opened the door for her to walk in she stepped into the house. The first room was huge. It was what Rain thought was a living room. That connected with the kitchen and the dinning room.
         "Holy Crows!" Rain exclaimed while spinning around in the room her brownish blonde hair spinning around with her. She threw her head back a laughed at her ridiculousness. Hyde watched her in amazement.
         Rain stopped spinning and looked confused towards Hyde. She ran over to him grabbed both of his hands in hers and ran back over to the middle of the room. She started spinning around again while Hyde spinning with her.
         The part of Hyde that loved and cherished Rain was ripping hard at the surface of him. That was when he grabbed Rain picking her up in the air while spinning her around. She set her hands on Hyde's shoulders and laughed at their silliness.
         Hyde slowly and gently lowered Rain to his face. They stopped spinning now and where so close they could feel each others breath against their smooth skin. Rain looked deep into Hyde's crystal, blue eye. Hyde lower Rain closer to him they were so close now that their lips just gently rested on top of each other.
         Rain closed her eyes when Hyde finally pulled Rain into a deep and passionate kiss. Rain wrapped her arms around Hyde's neck deepening the kiss.

~*~

         When Brandon and Cody reached the shore Brandon told Cody about Rain and the boy walked in this direction. Hyde's footsteps where still imprinted into the sand. Therefore, Cody and Brandon followed his footsteps.
As they reached the edge of the woods, they both saw the beach house that Hyde made for Rain. They stopped for a second to make sure that they were no where in sight before the walked towards the house.

~*~

         While Rain was in the kitchen looking for something to eat in the refrigerator, she heard someone outside of the house. She quickly ran to the window above the skin to see the two figures from earlier walking towards the porch.
         Rain knew that Hyde was outside and thought that maybe he could handle this for her. Rain took a closer look at the boys trying to remember where she knew the one. Then it came to her the one with the brown hair was the boy that tried to capture her.
         Rain let out a gasp before covering her mouth. She couldn't believe that they were here now. Once she saw Hyde walking towards the men that's when she started to calm down. She watched as Hyde gestured towards the wood while talking sternly toward the men.
         She tried to read his lips so she knew what he was saying to the two boys standing in front of him. She could figure out why they were arguing. Therefore, she decided that she would go outside and find out. Rain walked out onto the porch and walked towards the men. She could tell that this argument had something to do with her. Since, once they noticed that she was standing there they instantly stopped talking.
         Hyde turned around and looked at Rain. There was something in his eyes that rain hadn't recognized before. There was a hint of repulsion in his once calm eyes. Rain's eyes slanted as she looked deep into Hyde's expression. She knew that something was not right.
         Hyde turned back around glaring that the two men standing in front of him. Rain slowly walked up behind Hyde and set a hand on his shoulder.
         "What's wrong?" Rain asked Hyde while looking towards the men.
         "These boys here would like it you came back to earth with them." Hyde said in deep growl.
         "Oh, I see he pulled you in with him." Rain gestured towards Brandon,
         "Actually ma'am we are part of the same organization." Brandon said looking at Cody confused and then back to Rain.
         "So, you are here about my world. Gentlemen you are the first to actually experience this place besides me. By the way, if you were really hoping to get back there is no way out of this place once you step threw the portal. Well what am I say of course you knew that I mean you did read the script before transferring yourselves here." Brandon and Cody were utterly bewildered now. They thought that as long as you had the pendant you could return to the real world.
         "I thought the pendant would return us?" Cody questioned,
         "No, you silly fool. The pendant only holds the power to transport you here. Not to return you." Rain said before turning around and walking towards the beach. Cody and Brandon quickly exchanged glances before running after her. Cody ran in front of Rain stopping her dead in her tracks.
         "The why did you make this world if you can't go back?"
         "This world was only made for me. It has everything that I ever dreamed about wanting. This way I could escape from the real world and come here to my fantasy world. I never intended other people to come here. Therefore, I didn’t make an escape route. So now that you are here my fantasy has become a Nightmare." She exaggerated before pushing past Cody and continuing down the beach.
         "If this is such a nightmare to you why don't you get rid of it?" Brandon exclaimed several feet behind her. Rain ignored his comment and just kept walked down the sandy beach until she reached the waterfront. She slowly sunk down into the sand hugging her knees to her chest and resting her forehead on top of her arms.
         "I don't know." Rain whispered to herself. She could hear the footsteps of the men walking up behind her. Hyde was the only one that walked up and sat next to Rain, on the sandy beach. She rolled her head to the side so that she could look at Hyde. He wasn't paying any attention though he was looking out into the sea.
         Brandon and Cody watched the two of them for a while before walked away.

~*~

         Later that night Rain fell asleep on the couch in the living room while Hyde went into the bedroom to sleep. Around three o' clock in the morning, Rain woke up with a surging pain in her head. She figured that it was just a headache or a migraine. Therefore, she drugged herself off the sofa and to the cabinet in the kitchen.
         She opened the cabinet to find no Aspirin, ibuprofen; there wasn't a signal kind of medication for headaches. That was when Rain remembered that when she made this world there would be no headaches or any other kinds of pain. 
         Rain slowly walked down the hall towards Hyde's bedroom. She brushed the side of the walls with her hand while stumbling to reach his room. As she approached his room, she slowly cracked his door opened to see if he was still in there.
         He was and she walked the rest of the way through the door. She slowly made her way to his bed while clutching her head. Hyde heard Rain walking towards his bed and sat up looking at her with concerning eyes.
         "What's wrong?" Hyde asked as Rain crawled onto his bed.
         "I have this surging pain running threw the length of my skull." She said pushing her palm harder to her forehead.
         "Come here." Hyde said arms wide greeting her to come closer. As she did, Hyde curled Rain's tiny body in his lap.
         "I don't know why this is happening to me. This world should have no pain." She said barring her head deeper into Hyde's chest. "I also have this feeling inside me that feels hollow."
         "Rain, I think that the nothingness is grabbing hold of you. We mustn't let that happen. Do what you can to fight these urges and pains." Hyde said pulling Rain away from his body so; he can look at her.
         "Okay." She uttered that last word before falling asleep on Hyde's chest. Before she fell into complete unconsciousness Hyde watched as Rain's eyes turned hollow. Her once green eyes became black and hollow.
A quick jolt of fear ran threw him. He knew that the nothingness was grabbing hold of her. On the other hand, was it he that was grabbing hold of her and pulling her into the nothingness?


~*~

         "Brandon where are we going?" Cody asked
         "I don't know." Brandon asked letting out a sigh and hanging his head.
         "Then why are we still walking?" Cody asked again walking in front Brandon.
         "So, we can get as far away from Rain as we can." He said stopping and looking at Brandon then out into the sea.
         "Why?"
         "Didn't you hear what she said to us. We made her fantasy and Nightmare. She doesn’t want us here anymore." He said letting out yet another sigh.
         "I don't think she really means it. I think it was more of a metaphor than a complaint. Come on let's go back and talk with her." Cody grabbed Brandon's wrist and pulled him towards Rain's house.
         
~*~

         The next morning Rain didn't wake up when Hyde left the room to take a shower and make her something to eat. She just laid there in bed completely motionless he little chest rising and falling slowly and gracefully. Her gentle and fragile face lying on top if the mattress smothered in pillows and blankets.
         Hyde walked into the room with the sleeping Rain he walked over to where she was sleeping and sat on the bed next to her. Rain was curled up in the fetal position with one of her arms thrown over her face to block out the incoming light.
         Hyde leaned his face towards hers and kissed her forehead while rubbing her back. A kind and gentle way to wake her from her deep slumber. Rain groaned throwing a pillow at Hyde's head normally, she would miss, but today her aim was right on target. She clobbered him right smack in the face with the pillow.
         Rain chuckled quietly under her arm just loud enough that Hyde heard her. He threw the pillow at the bottom of the bed and lunged for Rain's body. Right before he could grab her Rain shot out of the bed she was now running down the length of the bed and jumped off the end. Hyde quickly put his hand on the bed spinning around and grabbing Rain's arm right before she could make it off the bed.
         He pulled her arm back throwing her back down onto the bed. He then crawled over her. Straddling her and bonding her wrists above her head Rain was now stuck under Hyde's body. She squirmed trying to get away from him. He wouldn't let her go though he leaned down towards her face and kissed her little nose. Rain lied there in shock. Hyde just nonchalantly jumped off the bed and walked back into the kitchen where he was cooking breakfast.

~*~

         By the time, the sun rose Brandon and Cody made their way back to Rain's house. They stood in the front yard contemplating on going up and knocking or just walking away.

~*~

         Rain started to eat while Hyde sat across from her staring out the window, to his left. Rain shook it off and continued eating her food.
         'One second he's furious and then the next second he's euphoric. Rain thought to herself as she stood from the table carrying her dished to the sink.
         "Is something bothering you?" Rain asked grabbing the dishtowel and wiping off her hands.
         "No, I'm fine." Hyde replied looking away from the window and smiling at her.
         Rain was about to say something until she heard something coming from outside, the house. She dropped the towel on the counter and slowly walked to the door, keeping her guard up the whole time.
         The next second Hyde was at Rain's side holding her back. Rain turned her head giving Hyde a cautious look. He just smiled and pushed her back before walking out the door.
         While Rain waited inside for Hyde to come back, she heard a noise coming from Hyde's bedroom. She looked back towards the door Hyde went through then back to his bedroom door. She decided that she was going to check it out with or without Hyde.

~*~

         Hyde walked around the length of the porch and didn't find anything unusual. He finally walked back to the door. When he reached the door and didn't see Rain any where insight his heart started to pound harder. He stood in the doorway listening for any noise that would tell him where she was.
         He then heard a muffled noise coming form his bedroom. He asked himself why would Rain be talking to herself. He slowly walked into the living room and past the kitchen listening hard to her voice. After listening intently, he realized that she wasn't talking to herself, but someone else. Hyde stumbled a little before he raced down the hall to his bedroom.
         He reached his door, grabbing the doorknob and ripped the door opened to find Brandon straddling Rain to the floor next to the bed. He bonded her arms above her head and his face was so close to hers it could look as if they were kissing.
         Furry ran threw Hyde's blood. He ran over to Brandon picked him up by the back of his shirt and threw him off Rain, and into the dresser.
         Rain's body just lied on the floor faint and tattered. Her eyes held that same hollowness that Hyde noticed this morning when she came into his room. Hyde could feel his knees buckling under him as he stood there looking at Rain.
         He was able to look away from Rain and over to Brandon who was rubbing his head. He watched as he slowly and clumsily stood to his feet, holding the dresser for support.
         "What did you do to her!" Hyde yelled running at Brandon grabbing his collar, to his shirt, and throwing him against the wall. Hyde stood enraged holding Brandon firmly against the wall. Hyde's breath was unsteady as he held Brandon there with no remorse.
         "She was like that when I came in the room." Brandon said as Hyde slammed him harder against the wall.
         "Liar!" Hyde yelled in Brandon's face
         "I'm telling the truth! I would never hurt Rain!" Brandon yelled back getting close to Hyde's face to make his point.
         "Then why were you straddling her?" Brandon's eyes widened,
         "When I came in the room she was going all crazy, she was hurting herself. I had to stop her and that was the only way." Brandon said looking past Hyde and to Rain. Hyde let out a sigh and released Brandon. He turned his head to look at Rain, who was still lying on the floor motionless.
         "Did her eye's hold that darkness to them when you came into the room?" Hyde asked while walking towards Rain,
         "Yeah, it's strange, I thought she had green eyes."
         "She does, normally." Hyde was now standing over Rain's body staring down into her eyes. "If only I could take this sadness and loneliness away from her." Hyde said lowering himself down to Rain. He then lays his right hand on the right side of Rains head. His left-hand held rains hand in his.
         "What are you talking about?" Brandon questioned while walking towards Hyde.
         "Promise me something." Hyde let out a sigh before awaiting Brandon's answer.
         "Anything." Brandon replied while walking closer to the two of them.
         "Promise me that you will protect Rain from the nothingness."
         "What are—"
         "Just promise me that you will protect her from everything, even me." Hyde let the last words trail off his tongue as he moved closer to Rain. With his left hand, Hyde covered Rain's eyes. He then lowered his lips to hers and whispered something that Brandon couldn't hear.
         Just as Brandon was about to say something Hyde's lips locked with Rain's. The nothingness was now flowing from Rain and into Hyde. He's once blue eyes became black. Then it moved farther into his body his blonde hair became dark brown, but some of his goodness remand and left some of his blonde showing threw.
         Rain's unconsciousness slowly pasted over her as Hyde transformed into the nothingness she once was. Rain opened her eyes to see Hyde screaming in pain holding his head. She jumped to her feet and walked over to Hyde to comfort him. She was stopped in her tracks by Brandon who held her around her waist.
         Rain fought against his grip, she couldn't get a way though. She continued to fight. Hyde was screaming even more now. His pain made Rain cringe.
         "Let me go I need to help him!" She screamed with pushing away from Brandon. All Brandon did was swiftly turn Rain around to face him so she couldn't see Hyde.
         "He told me to protect you from him, and that’s what I'm going to do." Brandon started soft when he talked to her, but the last words were spoken a little harsher.
         "I don't care, I created him! I give the orders not him!" She yelled some more scratching at Brandon's finally carved abdomen.
         "I can't let you go." He whispered in her ear while hugging her tighter to his body. Tears were falling fast from Rain's eyes. She couldn't escape to help Hyde and now she was being drugged away from him.
         "NO!" She screamed more when Brandon was leading her out of the room. Rain couldn't leave Hyde here like this. That's when she moved her hand up to Brandon's face grabbed it and slammed it into the doorframe as the walked past.
         Brandon instantly let Rain go when his head collided with the doorframe. Rain fell to the ground, stumbling to her feet she ran over to Hyde's body that was lying on the ground fighting against the nothingness. She grabbed hold of both of his hands bonding them to the ground next to his head. She lowered her head down to his ear and whispered,
         "I'll save you." She lightly brushed her lips against his check. She slowly stood up releasing his hands in the process. She slowly walked backward never taking her eyes off her creation. She could feel the Brandon's arms the instant they touched her soft skin. She didn't fight this time, she let herself be drugged out of the room.
         
~*~

         The sun was setting over the horizon Rain stood in the crystal water with her hands up towards the sky. She was saying something under her breath when Brandon walked up to her. He stood next to her in utter silence.
         "So, where's your friend?" Rain finally said to break the silence that was surrounded them.
         "I don’t know he ran off when I came in the house to save you." Brandon said letting his head fall towards the water. He cupped his hands in the water to us it as a bowl/cup. He brought the water to his face splashing it over his face. He rubbed the bump in the back of his head, from Rain. He squinted as he rubbed the cold water over it.
         Rain stopped looking out over the water long enough to see Brandon squinting from the pain she caused him.
         "I'm sorry about that." She said walking over to him and touching the bump on his head.
         "No, it's okay." Brandon said squinting again from the sudden pressure Rain put on the bump. He squirmed a little when Rain was looking and feeling the bump. That was when he squirmed too much and fell backward bringing Rain down with him.
         Rain quickly sprung out of the water as fast as she could, while Brandon slowly came to the surface. Rain grabbed Brandon's hand bring him back to a standing position and continued to examine the bump. She then scooped up some water chanted something and applied the now cream solution onto his head.
         A little glowing light came from the solution she applied on his head the light slowly faded after a while of waiting. Once the light was out Rain scooped up some more water a washed the cream off his head.
         "Better?" Rain questioned moving in front of Brandon. Brandon felt the once bumped up skin his skin was now flat and pain free.
         "Yeah. Thank you." He said while staring at Rain's incandescent green eyes. The sun had now set over the horizon. Rain could feel the glow of the moon on her skin. "You know ever since I met you that first day one the beach you look so familiar."
         "I should Brandon. I created you, too. You were the first of my creation to escape to the real world with me. I don't know how you did it. That's why you are so smart I made to help me with this world. Then in the end you end up joining the government in search of me. Before you could start working with them, I erased most of your memories of any of this. I didn't want you to give up my secret." Rain turned around to look out over the water she couldn't believe that he would actually recognize her.
         "So, I'm one of your creations, like Hyde?" Brandon asked turning her around,
         "Unfortunately, I didn't mean for this to go this far. I just wanted to make this world so that I could escape the pain and tortures that world conflicted on me." Rain could feel tears building up in her eyes she didn't want to cry, though. She tried her hardest to keep them back.
         "It's okay I don't care." Brandon expressed before walking to Rain and grabbing her in his arms. Rain couldn't hold back the tears any longer she let them escape her. There was a sudden crack of lightning when Rain's tears feel to the seawater.
         Brandon lightly released Rain and looked towards the night sky. It was a clear night not a signal cloud in sight.
         "My tears bring the lightening. It's okay." Rain reassured him that it was okay. Brandon looked at Rain with a concerned look.
         "You're crying?" He asked looking confused,
         "I'm crying from joy and pain it's okay." She said while a small reassuring smile. There was another crack of lightening, but this time the winds also picked up creating strong waves, in the water. Rain looked around them she knew this storm isn't coming from her tears.
         "Go!" She yelled towards Brandon signaling him to get out of the water. She just stood there waiting from Hyde. She knew Hyde was the one creating this storm. "Hyde please you have to stop this chaos!" She yelled towards the sky.
         The clouds in one section of the sky started to break that was where Rain saw Hyde floating out from. He slowly floated towards the water. He was now standing in front of Rain, in the water. Brandon turned around and saw Hyde standing there in the water next to Rain. His heart pounded in his chest one hundred times fast than is should.
         He started to run towards Rain, until Hyde saw him approaching them. Hyde threw his hand up instantly stopping Brandon in his tracks. Brandon stayed frozen in that stop even as Hyde lowered his hand. Rain looked towards Brandon with no sympathy in her eyes yet again there was nothing in her eyes.
         "Come with me." Hyde crackled holding his hand out for Rain to take. Rain slowly turned her head back towards Hyde. Her eyes showed something on the lines of remorse and hatred. "Don't look so mad Rain I'm only doing this to protect you like you wanted me to." Hyde said while grabbing her around the waist and flying back into the clouds.
         Once the clouds dissipated Brandon's frozen state disappeared. He frantically looked around the water in search of Rain's body. He found nothing though. I failed, he thought to himself.

~*~

         
© Copyright 2007 Rain (irishgal_1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325476-World-Of-Nightmares