*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325549-The-Best-Friend
Rated: · Other · Emotional · #1325549
Well, this is my first story and well , lets just see how it goes okay? :D enjoy.
With a startle I wake up from a dream of which I feel like I'm falling. I hate those dreams. They always scare me, But this time extremely since I forgot I was on a plane flying to see my father. Flying by myself isn't something new for me. Since my parents devoiced its been a normal summer routine. But this time for some reason it was different. I had this bad feeling inside that something was going to go wrong. Stopped me from sleeping. Which was really hard since it was only 3AM , flying over night always gets me down. Never a good way to start off the day. This teenage boy. Around my age I think keeps looking over at me. Its getting really odd right now. Maybe when we stop in some airport he'll talk to me and I'll get to figure out why he was staring at me. Its getting freaky. Oh , actually look we're pulling into the airport now. As I get off the plane he follows me, even as I go to walk over to the next booth I'm suppose to go to as I wait for the next plane. It seems like he's speeding up. Its really odd. After checking through security I take a seat to wait for the plane. And he walks up to me and sits down right beside me, still staring at me. "Um, Hello" I say. he looks a little startled. "Oh, Sorry. You Just remind me of someone is all" He pauses "my sister actually.." he continues "sorry if I was creeping you out or anything , Its just you remind me of her so much, Really Sorry" he stops. "Its alright. Is this your first time flying, because if it is you're welcome to stay with me for the rest of my flight at least." I say. "well , yes . it is. and thank you."

His names Ethan , and hes a really sweet guy. really friendly too!
We talked while waiting for the plane to arrive. It was a little late. But that didn't bother me. We took our seats and prepared to leave. About half way through the flight the pilot gets on the speaker and says buckle your seat belts, there may be turbulence. The plane started to shake and move in the turbulence. It was odd for me because it was more then there usually was. The plane was extra shaky. but I didn't mind it much . It was quite relaxing, until i looked out the window noticing we're flying over a huge ocean, and then the pilot gets on the speaker again. "Everyone I'm sorry but there has seems to be a mechanical failure in one of the engines and we might crash" everything went dead silent. Ethan grips my hand tightly tears stream down his face. I feel his pain. " I don't want to die" he says to me. I swallow hard and tell him its going to be alright I hope. Then the right side of the plane tilts, seems like its falling. We both look at each other, tears streaming down our faces, grasps each others hands a bit tighter. Then the left side. Now it feels like the planes falling. Just like those dreams. Suddenly I look down noticing we're not flying over the water anymore, which is a relief. all you can hear is people crying and babies screaming. I get a terrible feeling in my stomach, a feeling I've never had before. The falling increases, now falling rapidly from the sky. We hit land and crash.

I was not harmed and only four people died. But... Ethan.. Ethan was in hospital along with ten others. Hanging on , But there isn't much hope. I visit him every day and waking hour. He needs to hang on. I tell him to be strong and everything will be okay. One night before my dad came to pick me up at the hospital I could feel him grip my finger with his hand almost to say he'll make it. He'll be alright. I had a great sleep that night, but still hoping and praying for Ethan to be alright. I wake up to see my father leaning over my bed staring at me with a sad look. Tears come to my eyes. I know what he's going to say... he's going to say Ethan didn't make it. But I was almost sure he was going to. It was because I gave up hope I told my father, because I thought he was going to be better. He told me not to blame it on myself and that his body just wasn't strong enough to go through with it. I leave his house to take a walk and get some fresh air. I can't believe it. Tears come to my eyes. He was my only good friend. He was there for me. I know I didn't know him for long, but it felt like I've known him forever. There was something about him. But the worst part was, that feeling I never felt before that I was feeling.. was love. I loved him, not like a friend. but like a family member. The joy of being with him was overwhelming, it was like when you're watching fireworks and it just makes you want to scream. A best friend feeling. A true. Trust feeling...
I ended up walking out by the hospital, I walked up just so I could finally get a last look and believe it. I realized I never got to say goodbye. which was what hurt most...

© Copyright 2007 Noelle Simms (noelle1994 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325549-The-Best-Friend