*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325690-Relaxing-over-a-cup-of-coffee
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1325690
I got inspired to write about what was happening around me, and inside my mind...
And here I am, trying to get the best out of my Saturday. Work hasn’t been motivating, how I feel doesn’t help with the inspiration either, been having a pre-flu sympton that doesn’t go away, and a flu doesn’t break through either.

I had almost ten hours of sleep last night, after playing computer games for a few hours. Now I’m trying to relax in a different way.

Here I am on the couch, my head lying on the cushion my cousin gave me, a cushion that is as beautiful as it’s comfy, with fine fabric patchwork, chosen by myself. Meanwhile my boyfriend watches the football game, and our boy (I’m not a mom but I feel a little right to call him mine as he has this huge place in my heart) plays in the bedroom. It’s a small place, but we try to make the best out of what we have, and without love this would never have been possible.

The plants are happy; the orchids are blooming into gigantic white flowers, decorating the window. They had been sleeping for a while, and the day I dared to cut off where once there were flowers, they found new strength to grow and be beautiful again.

The portable computer is lying on my lap, football match sound on the background. I don’t mind it, but television is a very unnecessary thing in my life, the constant noise of it doesn’t make me calm. The moment my boyfriend leaves the apartment; I turn it off to enjoy the silence. I don’t care about cable tv, the less awful choices I have to surf through, the more creative I get. Time is used better when I am reading a book, playing some music, or simply doing nothing, giving myself space to invent my own entertainment.

I made a nice and warm cup of freshly ground coffee in my italian machine, after having been reading the book my mom gave me about coffee,its origin, culture, how to differ a good cup from a bad cup, etc. It’s so amazing, I want to learn more and more, travel and experience this culture, taste different types of coffee and write about what I drink, what I see around me, my impressions, etc.

Hmmm, the coffee smells wonderful… one more sip…

…

I could be a real intelectual bohemian, the kind who would experience social life over a cup of coffee in cafés throughout the world, talking about life and writing about life experiences… a bit of a nomad or a gipsy, travelling from place to place.

I’m only thirty… I have my whole life ahead of me so it’s exciting to think about what the future holds and the experiences I can have. Maybe having kids of my own is not for me… maybe I want to use my life for myself, so I can be free to plan, to come and go. My life will be built and experienced, out of choices I will make, believing that things can only get better and better. I don’t believe in unhappy beings (maybe unhappy moments), I believe in the result of how people see themselves and their possibilities in life.
© Copyright 2007 Beautiful Doll Color Blue (marymaia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325690-Relaxing-over-a-cup-of-coffee