*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1326507-Prolouge
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1326507
Just the begining of my new story, hope you like it!
McKenzi sulked the hallway in her old beat up juinor high. That old school had been there for years, and McKenzi didn't picture it as the best place to grow up in. She was in 8th grade, finally the top dog in the school, but of course that crown comes at a price. In 6th grade she was always mad fun of her geeky glasses, and her funny cold she got that made her sneezes revirberate the room. Plus 7th grade wasn't much better either, espeicially when she was accused of stealing the most popular girl's boyfriend, which made no sence to her since she was so "geeky". That princess popular if just depressed she has the IQ of a 5 year old, McKenzi would remind herself inside her head.

Now she's in 8th grade, she ditched the classes and found contacts, and got new allergy medication. Everyone could now she her shimmering green eyes, and glossy blonde hair framing her perfectly shaped face. There was not a pimple on her fair skin, and all the guys for some reason would call her a "slut" for just all of a sudden becoming gorgeous. Not like the guys disliked the transformation, they loved it and McKenzi was always turning down date invitations and dance recogmendations. "Too much homework" she would say.

She looked up at the clock, it read 2:43, nearly time for the bus to leave. The halls were almost completely empty, except for the few kids rushing from lockers or the broken snack machines. "Time to go out." McKenzi laughed wickedly, as she opened the school doors to the outside polluted air. She skidded out and trailed off to the end of the buses, where her even older wobbly twinkie stood on the concrete. The doors creaked open to let her in and she climbed the hard metal steps.

"Your late again, next time I'll just leave without you." Mrs. Flawers waved her index finger at her.

"Okay, I'll be on time tomorrow." McKenzi promised and trudged to the back of the crowded bus. She headed to the very back, in the very last seat to the left. The window was craked and most kids were afraid to sit there because they thought if the bus went too ast the glass would shatter even more and would kill whoever was sitting in the seat.

McKenzi remembers the first time she heard that story, and it was told by Larry the reining 8th grade King, when she was a little sixth grader. He dared her to sit there, all alone.

"Come on Kenzi-don't be afraid, its just a seat!" He cackled, "The glass WON'T break and KILL you. Of course not!" He added, guffing at his friends who were tearing at their sides from laughter.

"I'm not scared!" McKenzi protested, and she was the first 6th grader to have a seat in the back, and she kept the seat ever since.

She quickly shook her head, "God I hate these flashbacks."

The bus started to rumble and was thrust foreward, and McKenzi pulled out her old white ipod and listened to her music, instead of the populars brag on abouit their Coach purses and Hollister clothing.

TO BE CONTINUED--
© Copyright 2007 simplan<3 (untitled at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1326507-Prolouge