*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327261-Prelude-to---Memoirs-Of-A-Broken-Heart
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1327261
This is the prelude to my novel - Memoirs of a Broken Heart.
In the beginning things couldn’t have been better. I met the perfect man. Let’s be honest though, we all know no-one is perfect, but he was perfect in every sense of the word to me. He showed me a different side of life, a side that I had been missing through out my entire life. He had this smile that just melted my heart and a wonderful personality to go with it. For the sake of the story we’ll just call him “Jay”. Jay is a native New Yorker. He wasn’t just from any part of New York though, it was indeed the whole entity that is New York City. From the big city lights, to the sky scrappers, and those good ole’ New York Yankees. He grew up the only biological son of his mother, with three biological sisters, and countless god brothers and sisters. His mother is a beautiful middle aged woman, whom I adore like she was my own mother. She’s intelligent and kind hearted and always gives it to you as real as she possibly can.
The day fate brought Jay and I together was one of the funniest ever. I was working at my low paying fast food job, trying to make ends meet and pay some bills in the process. There he was in the passenger side of a 2000 Intrepid. His brother Ronnie knew my friend Shauna, who was the manager at the restaurant I was working in. Ronnie asked me to have Shauna come and discount his meal, and that’s when Jay caught my eye. He had the smoothest medium toned skin and these seductively plump lips. I caught myself staring for a second or two, and then I turned and called for Shauna. Once Shauna came over to the window and began speaking to Ronnie, I glanced back at Jay, smiled and walked away.
Once I made my way back to the window Shauna told me that the passenger wanted to talk to me. Jay was leaning over Ronnie so he could speak to me. He had the most handsome eyes, they just spoke to me, I was damn near mesmerized. He began to speak and my heart skipped a beat, so much so that I almost missed what he was saying. He looked up at me and asked for my number and began to grin. I thought to myself, does he really want my number? I mean, he is so sexy. I pulled a piece of register tape from the printer and wrote my name and number in big vivacious letters. He smiled and said he’d call me later that night. As he pulled away my heart was beating fast and my stomach was fluttering. And that’s when I knew, I had finally met my soul mate.
The day we met was the day before Thanksgiving in 2001. He called me as soon as I was off of work and we planned to spend the rest of the night together. The night was incredible. I had finally met someone who shared similar ideas and thoughts as I did on things. We talked about everything from the latest in Hip-Hop to what our favorite movies were, to all the best teams in every sport. I finally found someone I could relate to on almost every level, who was still just as handsome as he wanted to be. We spent the rest of the night watching videos and movies on TV. There was just this vibe between us. This vibe that mad e me feel like, no matter what everything will be alright. Every second we spent explaining our lives to each other that night was heavenly.
He was like my much needed breath of fresh air, from the smothering affect of previous relationships failed. I knew I had met the man of my dreams. He sat there next to me in his five foot seven frame, not a bit of danger hinted in his eyes. Jay felt comfortable, something I hadn’t felt with a guy in a long time. From that day we met forward, you couldn’t tell me anything.  I had Jay and everything was great. He meant everything to me as I did to him, and no-one could take away the feelings we shared. We spent the better half of seven years growing together and learning from each other. He taught me more about football than I had ever known and I taught him more about love than he every imagined was possible. It was the perfect give and take relationship accented by the bond that we shared.
Jay was and still is to this day the love of my life. What I found in him opened my eyes to a whole new realm I had yet to experience. He was my other half and I would’ve done anything in the world for him. As you can probably tell Jay and I had a lot of good times together, but that’s not what this book is about. This book is a notion to the person who found that once in a lifetime love that everyone yearns for. Not only to lose that love but to walk away from that love heart broken. This is my rendition of the times Jay and I had that not only weren’t so great, but also of the passionate love we shared, and lost. These are the memoirs of a broken heart.
© Copyright 2007 A.Y.Dirkson (siriusly1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327261-Prelude-to---Memoirs-Of-A-Broken-Heart