*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329011-Shadows-of-evil---chapter-3
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1329011
The long awaited third chapter to my growing novel.
Note: Please read the beggining of the book before chapter 3:
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1314648

PLEASE NOTE: This chapter is a work in progress; it is not completed. ANY comments and suggestions are welcome, I need them if I want to turn this into a good story!

A lone crow, perched on a once mighty, now dying oak, watched the scene before her with interest. Mist swirled slowly, lazily around the dark, decaying bodies of dead warriors below the tree, threatening to engulf them completely.

Squawking, the crow jumped to a lower branch; closer to her prey.

Tilting her head slightly to the side, alert for any movement, she flew off the branch and landed by the head of an elf, whose normally pale skin was died red with dark, dry blood.

Failing to notice the dagger clenched in the elf's fist, the bird hopped closer still; ready to take a brave peck at her prey's eyes.

It was the last thing she ever did.

The dagger came slicing through the air, severing the crow's head cleanly from her black, feathered body.

Sollvelis was alive!

Alive perhaps, but badly wounded. He had been knocked out during the ambush, and left for dead. The creatures had taken all of the party's provisions as well as most of the weapons, and the trinket they'd been sent out for.

Half an hour later, The elf was huddled close to a small campfire he had managed to erect, shivering with cold and chewing on a vile tasting crow leg, as snow swirled around him. He had done his best to bandage his wounds; but despite his efforts they continued to bleed profusely. Those damn creature's weapons must have been poisoned, he thought. It'll take a miracle for me to survive now.

With an anguished moan, he brought his cloak tighter around him, still shivering.

Late that night, as Solvellis lay unconcious next to the embers of his fire, a group of creatures crept silently into the dead battlefield, coming to investigate the light...

To be continued
© Copyright 2007 şђάđe (shaded at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329011-Shadows-of-evil---chapter-3