*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329213-Ready-Set-Go
Rated: · Article · Other · #1329213
A self-help article about taking control of your life.
Ready, Set, Go

"If history repeats itself and the unexplained always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience." -George Bernard Shaw

Wow! do you feel the power you have. What is more thrilling than knowing that you own your life. Nobody else has that king of power over your life. Now, take out a piece of paper (a journal would be ideal) and start writing. I want you to writing down as many things that you can think of that you want to do before you die. Imagine the ultimate. Think big and be creative. The sky's the limit! If you want to own a house in Malibut, near the ocean then writie it down. Maybe you want to be a famous author or actor. Maybe you want to skydive or finish law school or become a millionaire. Don't hold back. This is your future, so own it.
Do you know people who live in the past? Are you one of those people? Those people tend to use the past to explain away their current situation. They say things like "If my childhood would have been better, I wouldn't be so messed up right now.", or "If I would have studied something else in college, I would have a better job." If you are doing this, don't! The past is gone and you can't get it back. Your life starts right now. You use the present and the future to create your own life. The future is for goal making, and the present is where you live in the moment with joy and positive energy.

Now that you have your list, use it when you visualize. When a negative thought creeps in today, replace it with a positive one. Act as if you have already reached your goals. How does it feel? You are more confident and people will be drawn to your positive energy. Test it and see if it works.

Descartes said: I think, therefore I am.

Visualization is a fun and critical first step to achieving your perfect lifestyle. Visualization is like daydreaming, only with much more focus. The first step to visualization is to find a quiet place where you will not be interrupted. Relax and close your eyes ( or keep them open if you want). This doesn't have to take long, five or ten minutes is plenty of time. Now, let your mind focus on the ultimate outcome of your the efforts you are going to be making in the next ninety days. Think big! Imagine what you would want if you could be or do anything. For example, if you want to be a high powered attorney or a best-selling author, imagine that you have already achieved it. You are already in that place. How do you feel? How do other people treat you. Are you more self-confident? Be creative. Do you live somewhere else? Do you have new friends? Really focus on these feelings. Carry them with you for the rest of the day. Act as if you are at that place. You will find that you carry out your daily routine with more confidence and joy. You will be surprised at how others begin to treat you. They will sense your new found confidence and will react accordingly. If negative thoughts begin to seep into your mind, quickly replace them with the positive thoughts that you had during your visualization. Try to make that five or ten minutes of visualizing a part of your daily routine. Remember, visualization is the first step in achieving your ultimate goals.
© Copyright 2007 Cali Muphy (calimurphy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329213-Ready-Set-Go