*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329676-Memories
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1329676
An on going tale of a young mans stuggle with his past demons.

                                                  Memories.
                                                  Part One


         He couldnt wait to see her. It'll be nice seeing a careing and friendly face. It would be good for him, Keep his mind off the so called "Accident''. that Army had him call it. It's been over a year since he's seen her. He know had short black hair, a small trimed beard and blue eyes. He had on a black dress shirt with the sleeves ubuttoned and the the front unbuttoned with a white muscle shirt on underneath with his dog tags hanging out. Around his stomach was medical bandages wrapped tightly. He had fresh scars on his back and face. He had on a pair of old worn Wrangler jeans and black combat boots old and very worn. He sat and waited outside the greyhound station for his bus to arrive. 4 hours he waited and it finally apperared. He got on, sat down and took a few sips of his coke. He made sure his bags were within arms reach and rested his head aganist the window and slowly drifted off.     
         "GET DOWN"! he heard his 1st seargeant yell as motors rang all around them, he looked over to his left to see the grisley remains of PFC Drain, a close buddy of whom he went through basic and infantry school with. Bombs and grenades exploded all around him, shots from AK-47s rang in his ear, but he did not panic. Up ahead of him he could see his best friend Olmsted, tied down in a tight spot and that was when he made his move. He jumped up out of his foxhole and made a run for it, heart pounding, sweat pouring, he knew a bullet could strike him dead at any moment, but the only thing that was on his mind at the moment was getting his friend out of trouble, he promised his wife he would bring him back safely. No sooner had he gotten there a grenade went off.
         "Thank you for traveling Greyhound." He woke up sweating, and shook the dream off. More and more he kept thinking about the accident. But this was no time He had arrived at his destination. Lexington, Kentucky. To see the only person in the world that seemed to care about him, or even remeber he exsisted for all that matter. Wearliy he made his way off the bus, Looked around for a moment and there she was. Long dark blonde hair swayed in the moonlight, Her bright blue eyes piercing his soul. He was speechless and so was she. They stared into each others eyes for a moment, and then embraced each other, as if long lost loves reuinted. "God, I've missed you." she said. He could not even reply but he sensed she knew. He put his backpack on, and took her hand and they made there way out to a nice looking black GTO, bout a '66 model he guessed. "Like it ?, my dad left it to me after he passed away." "Its very nice looking, I'm gona take a look under the hood later," Steven said excitedly.(Old muscle cars had been his passion.)  About an hours drive and they were in Morehead. Sarah had been attending college there and majoring in Social work.
         Finally they made it to the hotel, old run down place but not too shaby. Tonight he would tell her his story. The true story he promised her. He rented a room and they both went in and sat down. He flipped on the radio and "Here without you" started playing. "Care to dance?" he asked smiling and she replied "I'd love to." The danced slowly embracing each other staring deeply into one anothers eyes. And then it happend. He kissed her. He couldn't help it. But she did not complain to his surpise she kissed him back. And they danced and kissed passionalty for an hour or so. Then it was time.
         He sat her down beside him, lit up a ciggeratte and started talking. Memories of those dreadful 48 hours drove there way back into his mind making him remeber. "They told us, we were Americas last hope, that we had to stop him, and disable his weapons. No sooner had we gotten out of the chopper had we taken fire, I wacthed two of my close friends die that day. Suddenly gunshots rang and the window shatterd. Steven grabbed Sarah and drug her under the bed. "Damnit, there here." he said shakly. "Who?" Sarah replied. "Snacthers, there after me not you."
he just kept thinking to himself that he's got to get her outta here. He grabed her hand and pulled the 45. he had holstered under his shirt and told her to follow him. No sooner had he left the room he was knocked out. Darkness surroneded him and for a few hours he was alone left for his nightmares.
         He awoke suddenly in a forest atop a high cliff. Bound to a tree he seen two hooded figures. They spoke in deep voices. "This is what happens, when you disobey..Mr. Lester." He then saw them drag out Sarah by her hair. He screamed for them to stop but it was useless. He tried to turn his head away but another figure came up behind him and wacthed. The brought Sarah up off her knees, and drug her to the edge of the cliff. They turned around and face him. They slit her throat and let the blood rain down her body as they listened to her gurgles and screams. Then they just pushed her lifeless body off the edge. Steven was in total shock. Speechless. He had no lost all the ones he loved. Especially her. "Now, as for you Mr. Lester." He pulled out a gun and shot him in the chest. Steven fell to the ground lifless. They got in there cars and drove off.
         He woke up, and wondered if he was in heaven or in hell, bright lights shone all around him. Then he realized he was back at Holly's place.  The tall muscular black man loomed over him, and the only words that came out of Stevens mouth were..."War."

To be continued......
© Copyright 2007 Drukano (drukano at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329676-Memories