*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329803-V-day
by Imo
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Emotional · #1329803
A short story of my valentine day
V DAY


Five past 12 February 14th. Valentines Day has been around for a whole 5 minutes and Im already feeling lousy, dateless, stranded and hopelessly alone. That’s when it happened a tap on the window and the sound of my dogs tails wagging as they ate the treat that was handed to them. He was here, Charlie was here and my valentines day was about to take a rather unexpected turn. Another tap on the window slightly harder and I ripped open the blinds before he decided to beat the window down and wake up the rest of my family.
"What?" I said wiping my eyes with a rather disgruntled look on my face. I hadn’t talked to him for over a month on purpose, because if I talk to him I cave. There would be no caving this time.
"Happy Valentines Day, please don’t hurt me." He said with a very shaky looking grin on his face
"go away," I said "I’m tired" that may have been a bit harsh considering he had just flew all the way from Canberra using his own money but still he had said some things that were never going to be forgotten. Ever.
"If you don’t talk to me I will wake up your entire house." he said in a very pre planned sort of way "and you know how good I am at singing Nickleback ballads."
"Fine, just shut up ill meet you out the front" I wrenched the blinds shut again and grabbed a jumper from the wardrobe. Charlie gave the dog’s one last pat and jumped the fence again.

I met him at the front door, he was nicely dressed with a rose in his hand I was wearing my superman pajamas I had gotten for Christmas, my hair was that of a normal persons who had been sleeping for the last few hours and I just generally looked like death. I led him down to his car he had borrowed from Matty and jumped into the passenger seat without a word. He got in the drivers seat and turned to me.
"Don’t talk, just drive."
He started up the engine and drove down the street. We drove towards the coast and parked in the parking lot outside of Quinn’s beach. A place that used to hold such great memories of love, life and rebellion. He stopped and turned of the engine. Neither of us said a word but the tension in the air was enough to make me want to block my ears.
"so." he said
"What?"
"Do you forgive me?"
"For which part?" I said in a bitchy tone that really sounded strange on me "the cheating on me, the moving away then moving back then moving away again, or the calling me a slut and a whore?
"Ummm, all of it?"
"Then ummm hmmm no."

We talked for hours like this, well talked is such a strong word, we argued. The sun rose and the early morning swimmers began to arrive. Most just in time to see Charlie lean in and kiss me on the lips, and for the first time in moths I kissed him back and enjoyed it. I was back in love. We spent the entire day together, hugging, kissing, laughing and most importantly not arguing. Although Charlie spent his own money on the flights he got the hotel room for free. And what a hotel room, 15th floor of the Perth Hilton, Awesome. Spa the size of a swimming pool and most importantly a very comfy and springy bed. We ordered room service for dinner and ate as we watched TV and talked. We stayed up the entire night talking, laughing, kissing and making love.

The next day Charlie had to leave. I stood at Matty's house waving him off and with one final kiss he was gone. Forever he was gone, in body but never in mind, in my mind he would always be there, kissing my neck, my cheek and making me laugh in ways only Charlie could.
© Copyright 2007 Imo (supa_imo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329803-V-day