*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1330402-A-One-Way-Ticket---Prolouge
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1330402
This is the beginning of a story a friend challenged me to write. Need feedback
Prologue: Arrival
I stood waiting at the baggage reclaim looking out for my usual holiday bag, which I could spot a mile away. I looked over my shoulder and the sign read ‘Aankomst’. In a few moments I would finally see her. Lisannee was waiting for me on the other side of the double doors. I was so excited as if I was a little kid going to Legoland for the first time. My name is Tony; I’m 18 and have waited 3 years to meet Lisannee and it has been worth the wait that’s for sure. I live in Scotland alone in a simple flat with a job as an accountant; I did well in school and am earning a pretty amount of money. I have managed to get time off to come here, to the Netherlands. I saw my bag coming around on the conveyer belt and scooped it up. I checked the tag just to make sure it was mine, which it was. I walked through the double doors and looked at the airport. It was big but not as big as Glasgow Airport. My phone buzzed in my pocket. I grabbed it and read the new text, “The Crimson Star – Lisannee xxxxxxx *Heart*.” I walked outside and waved at the taxi driver passing by. He stopped and I got in the backseat, “Waar zou u willen gaan?” he asked me.
“Crimson Star” I hoped he knew where I went because I still had to brush up on this language.
“Ah, English?” he asked, I guess he must’ve noticed the accent.
“Yea this is my first time,” I told him.
“I sure you will like” the driver obviously was in the same position I was with languages.

About an hour later I arrived outside a large building with a glowing neon sign, which read, ‘The Crimson Star.’
“35.00 Euro” the driver held out his hand as I got out the car. I opened my wallet and handed him two 20’s, “Keep the change.”
“Thank you, enjoy your stay” he shook my hand then drove off.
I looked around the car park and there were many cars in the car park, I wondered if I would even be able to find Lisannee inside. I walked inside and as soon as I walked through the door arms were thrown around me and a blonde haired girl hugged me tight, “I’ve waited too long.” Lisanne looked up at me her green eyes carrying tears, but she smiled at me.
© Copyright 2007 My words Of wisdom (shadowrion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1330402-A-One-Way-Ticket---Prolouge