*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331979-Silent-Echos
by Margy
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1331979
Walking in her shadow, she knows he follows her
Silent Echoes


She stood in front of the window, staring out into the darkness, her arms around her. Her gaze wasn't directed anywhere in particular, just looking. She watched the park from her window. Her mind wandered, just thinking. She watched the golden leaves float down silently to the earth forming a patterned carpet on the grass.

The sadness in her eyes glistened with wet tears waiting to fall, a sad look clouded her face. Her lips, usually curled up in a mischievous laugh, were turned down at their soft corners. A quiet aura had seeped into her with the early morning, bleak and clouded as the sky outside.

She sensed him standing just behind her. As he rested his hands on her shoulders and kissed her neck, she sighed and wished she could lean back into him. His fingers brushed down her arms to catch her hands in his. She felt his hands in hers as his arms wrapped around her and their naked skin touched. She closed her eyes and breathed in his musky scent.

She felt his hands roam, sensually sending electric shocks through her entire body. She shivered and a grin played at his lips. She felt his hands come up underneath her sensitive breasts. He cupped them and she felt the hard nipples tingling, leaving her weak in the knees. She almost collapsed at the feel of his warm breath against her ear.

She yearned to be pulled tighter in his arms, crushed like the tender petals of a flower. His lips brushed her neck again. The time with him was fleeting, she knew, and she was not prepared to let go so soon. She knew she would never find her way back into his arms.

A soft groan echoed inside her. "I don't want you to leave."

She turned around swiftly and scanned the darkened room. She was alone.  She had been, since that day he was taken from her.
© Copyright 2007 Margy (margy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331979-Silent-Echos