*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1332315-Prisoner-Of-Hope
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1332315
O Natasha, O prisoner of hope.
Prisoner Of Hope
What do you do when everything in life fails you?
What if all you have done is roll in the dust, and figure out that each day has passed by leaving marks of agony and anguish all the way?
Beautiful figures slip about, around you…
Just like the paper angels you made in your art class with lots of gum and glitter of your choice.
Everything glitters; Everything is refined.
Everything in darkness comes into light. Yes! Money has power.
But where are you going?
Where is that spirit of happiness you carried in you as a young child? Where is that laughter of youth?
It has been so long Natasha my friend, my love.
So long since you crossed your hands as they cuffed it and dragged you away.
All that you know now, is the taste of the whip. 
You have been chemically changed; The evening of your life has come;
But life refuses to give away.
You are beautiful Natasha, although you beauty has been marred, with hurts and open wounds of ages past. 
What I admire the most is your eyes, Oh Natasha;
As you flick it open and shut and keep it shut for a long time; Its your eyes that cheat you; It cheats the quivering of your lips and the paleness of your cheeks.
Flames are dancing in it and wild laughter fills it.
When the whippings are stronger, fountains flow out of it unable to quench that fire in your eyes.
O Natasha, O prisoner of hope.
© Copyright 2007 Dona Fernandes (donafern at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1332315-Prisoner-Of-Hope