*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1333253-Adding-to-the-Vows
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Relationship · #1333253
A writing exercise: She wants to add an odd vow.
"You know, Gerald, this is supposed to be our wedding ceremony.  We're supposed to write this together."
"I'm trying, Marion, but I just can't agree on this vow you want to add."
"I don't see what the problem is.  It's pretty straight forward and we've been dating long enough -- you know, it's part of our lives anyway."
"Yes, but some people will be horrified.  All our friends will laugh -- or storm out.  It's just too controversial.  I think we should say this vow privately.  Just to each other.  Not out loud in the church."
"But that's so hypocritical.  We should be proud of accomplishing this.  We should shout it from the rooftops.  I'm proud we do it.  Aren't you?"
"Well, maybe not 'proud,' but I understand what you mean.  I'd say I'm ecstatic we do it -- I just don't want to advertise it."
"But, wouldn't you say it's one of the reasons we've stayed together for over a year?" Marion asked.
"Oh, yes," Gerald said.  "I agree it's one of the reasons our relationship has been so successful compared to half our friends who've broken up this past year.  I just don't want my parents to know about this."
"Your parents?  Your parents are more important to you than our wedding vows?  I don't think I like this, Gerald.  You have to make a choice.  Me or your parents.  Which is it?"

"I'm sorry, Marion . . ."
© Copyright 2007 Elliemae (elliemae434 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1333253-Adding-to-the-Vows