*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1334147-My-Wost-And-Best-Accedent
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1334147
this story is about a kid who loses the respect of his team.
I'm George Adam's I'm a catcher for my baseball team the little tribe. I'm a very good catcher I have won many trophies and awards for catching. One day I was going to the park for my baseball game against the little cubs. By the end of the game the score was 9-8 we were winning but the little cub's had 3 guys on base. There were 2 out's and the count was 3-2. I gave the pitcher a sign for a 2 seem fastball he nodded and wound up and threw the ball and the ball missed my mitt and hit me in the head. When I woke up the score was 9-12 we lost because of me. My mom was taking me home.
The next day I was going to baseball practice when I got there no one was talking to me. The coach wanted us to warm up then the coach told me and Todd the pitcher to practice pitching and catching. The coach told Todd to throw a 2 seem fastball but Todd said" George can't catch a 2 seem fastball to save his life".
At the next game me were facing the little league giants. When we got to the ninth inning the score was 6-3 we were wining by 3 runs. There were 2 people on base and the batter had a full count and there were 2 outs. I gave Todd a sign for a 2 seem fastball he shook his head no but I kept giving him the sign. Then Todd finally threw the 2 seem fastball then there was a crack of the bat. The ball was going to center field 2 run's scored making it 6-5 the final runner was coming home the center fielder threw it to Todd threw it to me then I caught the ball and tagged the runner then the ump yelled" YOUR OUT". The parent's cheered and my teammates lifted me up my teammates respected ounce again.

© Copyright 2007 scox0710 (scox0710 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1334147-My-Wost-And-Best-Accedent