*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1335415-Finding-My-Destiny---Chapter-2
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Adult · #1335415
Chapter 2 of Finding My Destiny
Chapter 2

    As Skye was standing with Matt checking out what was on the menu she felt a light tap on her shoulder.  As she slowly turned around, she was surprised to see Brad standing there.  He had someone with him whom she did not recognize. When looking at him, she could feel tingles going up and down her body.  No one had ever affected her like that and was curious as to why.  He was slightly taller than she was with long, straight black hair that was pulled back into a braid.  His complexion was dark which only emphasized his good looks.

    “Skye, is that you?  I hope so because I don’t want to look like a fool and embarress myself by making a mistake.  What have you been up to?”

    “Yes, it’s me, Brad.  It is so good to see a friendly face.  I’m not sure if you remember Matt, since it has been a while since you’ve seen him last and he’s grown like a weed since then.  The two of us have just moved back here and we’re starving.  Matt said that I could get some decent Pad Thai and he’s busy checking out the menu.”

    “Well, welcome back home!  I, for one, am glad to see you.  Are you going to try to get your old job back?  We’ve all missed you.”

    “I don’t think so, at least not right away.  I’m going to try my hand at photojournalism for awhile.  Matt, you probably don’t remember him, but this is Brad.  You were pretty young the last time you saw him.  He works in the casino and was a good friend of mine.’

    “Hi, Brad!  It’s nice to meet you, again.  Mom, I’ve decided what I want for dinner. Can we order it soon?”

    “Yes, Matt.  Just give me a minute and we’ll go in to place our order.”

    “Before I let you go, let me introduce you to, Cody.  He’s up here visiting for a spell and popped in to say “Hi” to me.  When we were talking over there I thought I had spied you and wanted to come over and see if it was really you.”

    “I’m glad that you took the chance that it was me, Brad.  It’s nice to meet you, Cody.  Matt and I are just going to take dinner home and have a nice, relaxing picnic in the backyard.  If you’re not busy tomorrow, you can always come over and help us get settled in and put some order to the multitude of boxes sitting around.  I can put you to work on the heavy stuff.”

    “You can always count on me, Skye.  I’ll even bring Cody along and see if Karl is busy.  I know that he’ll be surprised to see you too.  He was sure that we would never see you again after you left.”

    “That’s what I thought too, but then, that’s another pretty long story.  I’d rather not get into that right now.  I’m just glad to have my life back and the freedom to follow what I believe in.  I even managed to get the same place by a stroke of luck.  I’d better go order dinner for us before I have a starving kid on my hands.  I’ll look forward to seeing you both tomorrow.  I’ll give you a warning though.  Make sure that you get plenty of rest.”

    “That sounds good to me, Skye.  Nice to meet you again, Matt.  We’ll see both of you tomorrow.”

    “Well, Matt, what have you decided on?  I know that they have loads to choose from.”

    “I’m having the Lo Mein.  I had that once before and it was pretty good.”

    “That’s a good choice. I can guarantee that this will be better than what you had before.”

    They went into the restaurant and placed their orders for Lo Mein and Pad Thai.  It would be about half an hour until their order was ready so Skye took Matt over to the gift shop.

    To her surprise she noticed that both Sadie and Callie were there working.  She decided to surprise them and devised a plan with Matt since they probably would not recognize him due to it being years since they had last seen him.  Matt headed into the gift shop while Skye hid around the corner.  She was hidden from their view, but close enough that she could hear Matt.  Matt absently wandered around looking at this and that.  Finally, Sadie came up to him and asked if he needed any help.

    “Yea, I’m trying to find something special for my Mom.  She needs it to cheer her up after all that she has been through lately.  It has been pretty hard on her and needs a good surprise.”

    “Have you seen anything that will do the trick?  We have a lot to choose from and I know that it will be hard to decide on one thing.”

    “Well, actually I have found two things that will cheer her up a lot.  I know that I won’t be able to decide which one and they are pretty big.  Too big to wrap even.”

    This comment had Sadie really puzzled since they didn’t have anything that big.  Well, maybe to a child it may seem that way.  Big, meaning something that was too large for them to carry.  She unknowingly took the predetermined bait that Matt and Skye had decided on earlier when they had devised their surprise attack.

    “What two things are you trying to decide between?  I’m sure that Callie and I can help you decide on which one to get and even be able to wrap it for you,” Sadie unknowingly replied.  At that moment Skye stepped around the corner.

    “I think that you had better get a little more information before making a promise like that, Sadie.  Unless you know what type of paper you’d like to be wrapped in.  Surprise, you two!  Guess that you didn’t recognize Matt. He has grown a bit since the last time you’ve seen him.  At least he knows me well enough to know what will cheer me up.”

    After many hugs and squeals of surprise the three of them briefly caught up on all of the recent news. Unfortunately, time flew by too fast and it was time to pick up dinner.  Skye invited them both over to help her get settled in the next day.  This seemed to be quickly turning into a welcome home party she thought.

    Skye and Matt then headed back to the restaurant to pick up their dinner.  After they had dinner in hand, it was time to head back to the SUV and go home.  Once there, they decided to spread out a blanket in the backyard and enjoy dinner.  It did not take either one long before falling asleep on the blanket.



© Copyright 2007 Phoenix Skye-Wolf (kaiteywolf2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1335415-Finding-My-Destiny---Chapter-2