*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1336140-The-boys-in-the-pond
by gabbi
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1336140
I wrote this story a couple of days ago, I was feelin spooky so it's a scary story ENJOY!
It was a cold, foggy night. Boy was walking down a long and lonely country road.Boy was wearing a thin cotton shirt, shorts and some leather boots with no socks on. Boy DID have a cap,but,it fell of while he was running away. He was running away from his horrible life,after being treated like an outcast by his family.His family disliked him so much they never bothered to give him a name.The only thing he would respond to is boy. Boy was walking with his head down so unaware of where he was going, turned of down a thinner lane. The lane had weeds all over the place, the fog was thicker here than it was on the country road but Boy was not frightened ..... yet.


Timmothy roads was a quiet boy, as thought by the neighbours. He never spoke when he was allowed out of the house, which was a very rare occasion. The truth is his family hated him, they locked him in his room and hardly ever let him out. Lets just say he was treated like an outcast. Then one night his father had been out drinking,he came home drunk,and, forgot to lock the door to his room. FINNALY a chance to escape. He ran with desparation out of his bedroom door, almost to weak to work his legs properly! Down the stairs he went,and flew out the front door! Timmothy ran a couple of streets more before sitting down at the edge of a country road. He was smiling to himself,for the first time in ages, he was free. Just as he was standing up to go and look for some shelter, he could hear a drunken voice shouting his name. Then he saw the light of a candle in the distance through all the fog.It was his farther. Unable to think of what to do next he ran down the country lane behind him. He ran with his head down, unaware of where he was going, he turned off onto a thin lane. The lane was covered in weeds and had a pond at the side of it about 6 feet deep. He walked towards it, "there's no point in me living a life like this anymore" he thought to himself.hearing his farthers voice getting louder he said his last prayer, jumped into the pond, and drowned himself.


Boy had also noticed there was a pond about 6 feet deep at the side of him. He stepped towards it and suddenly felt the urge to thrust himself in there. He was choking violently and found it hard to breathe. He fell backwards and caught his breath again.He slowly looked up and the ghostly figure of a boy was stood over him.'j....j...join us Boy' hissed the ghost. 'Who's us?' asked Boy. The ghost threw up its arm violently and another 5 ghostly boys rose slowly out of the pond,and hovered over silentely. 'j....j...join us b...boy' they all said together with their arms out. All the boys were different but they all had glowing yellow eyes and  dirty,blue,chipped fingernails.'NO YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!' shouted Boy.' Don't move' hissed one of them. Boy suddenly went limp, he couldn't move a bone in his body. 'Now you w...will j...j...join us B....Boy'
'NO' Boy was shouting but they froze his mouth aswell.' what's the point in living a life like this?' said the one that first appeared. The ghosts put their arms out and made him haver about 5 inches off the ground, and took him over to the pond. Boy said his last prayer in his head,then, they drowned him. Now there seems to be 6 boys,but, every time a little boy turns off onto this lane by accident the number seems to add up. Boys will keep joining and joining and...j...j.......joining

© Copyright 2007 gabbi (mcrsoldier at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1336140-The-boys-in-the-pond