*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1336203-unknown-prolouge
by Snow
Rated: 18+ · Other · Supernatural · #1336203
revised intro to a vampire story that i am currently working on
Prologue

He watches the woman carry the bags out of the store; he can hear her breathing steadily, her skirts swishing around her legs as she walks towards her car. As she reaches her car she opens the trunk and slides the bags in, dropping her keys back in to the purse so she can easily load her bags. He moved closer while she worked. She was ignorant to being watched, totally confident that nothing could happen to her. Silently he approached her like a cat stalking a mouse. The clouds parted in the dark sky letting moon beams shine through and reflect on his bright blue eyes, illuminating them.
         He keeps moving closer as she closes her trunk, slamming it shut, yet he can still hear his own heartbeat over the noise, growing faster with anticipation. She starts to move towards the front of her car, fishing in her purse for her keys. He stops and watches hidden within the shadow that he pulls around himself masking his appearance to the human world,  he will not take her in such an open space. But he watches knowing what is to come. She opens her car door and climbs in, shutting the door behind her. He watches still, as the car pulls out of the parking spot and drives off in to the night. He smiles. The hunt has begun.
         He waits patiently while she maneuvered free from the car park and pulls out on to the road. He waits a while longer while she built up speed and started to drive home. After counting to 10 he started to run, he built up a modest pace and then leapt up in to the air, and with the grace of a cat he landed on top of her car. So quietly was his landing that the woman within the vehicle suspected nothing, though he doubted she could hear him over her loud rendition to living on a prayer.           He crouches low on the roof of the car, pulling the shadows around himself, making sure human eyes could not see him. He felt the wind rush through his hair making it fly out behind him. It was a cold December day and yet he couldn’t feel the sting of the wind on his face just the feel of it hitting him and moving around him.  It was exhilarating. Almost as exhilarating as the thought of what he was about to do. He closed his eyes and grinned into the wind. 
         He felt the car start to slow as they came to a junction in the road, she turned left and slowed more as she started to pull up to her driveway.  As she stopped the car in front of her house he took another leap and landed on the roof with one more bound he was safely in her back garden. He stepped back and hid by the large tree at the rear of her garden again hiding within the shadow that he creates. He listens as she opens the door and closes it behind her, turning on all the lights throughout the house as she makes her way towards the kitchen with her bags full of groceries. He heard her enter the kitchen before he saw the light come on. She dumped her bags on the counter top and started to pull things out and put them away. He keeps watching her as she did so swishing slightly and humming along to a song still stuck in her head. Once all the bags had been emptied and put away she left the kitchen and headed for the bedroom. It had been a long day for her he knew. He had been watching, and he also knew that she had to get up early. But he doubted that she would be getting up from the sleep he would be giving to her, in fact he knew for certain that she wouldn’t be.
         He saw the bedroom light come on from behind the curtains and he moved towards the house. The back door had been left open. So he quietly slides it open and walks in, he makes his way through the lightened house moving towards the bedroom. He walks up the stairs not making a sound as he goes, walking along the hallways creeping along like a cat on the hunt.  He reached the bedroom door and stood there looking in at the woman she had her back to him.  She started to turn and before she had gotten halfway around he was on her, his hand over her mouth, his other hand reached around her body pinning her arms against herself. He was so strong yet he was still careful not to hurt her, not to make her fair skin with his own hands and arms. He pulls her against him and tilts her head slightly. Moving his lips to her ear he whispers.
“Normally this wouldn’t be painful for you, but tonight it will hurt like hell.”
         He pulled her neck back harder causing her to moan into his gloved hand and opened his mouth letting his teeth show. Slowly two fangs began to appear getting larger as they pulled down from under his gums; once they were fully out he grinned once more and bit in to the woman’s neck. She screamed in to his hand as the teeth pierced her throat. The agony she felt as he sucked on her throat caused her body to quiver making him hold on tighter and pull her closer he staggered backwards slightly and bumped into a night stand knocking it over his hand slipped on her mouth and he hears her whisper in a faint voice. “please”.
         He kept drinking till he could no longer drink, she started to get weaker and weaker.  She had already ceased screaming as he pulled his teeth out and let go of her watching as she collapsed forward on to the bed. The blood still poured out from the wound because he didn’t close it as he should have. He watched as it kept coming pint after pint till her heart was too weak to pump anymore out. He smiled and then left the house closing the door behind him.


© Copyright 2007 Snow (narrissa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1336203-unknown-prolouge