*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1336306-A-Vampires-Kiss
by Sam
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · LGBTQ+ · #1336306
A First person narritive of a girl discovering her new self and all that holds.
I scramble to my computer, my mind in a whirl. When the thing boots up the clock reads Sunday morning. ‘Well that is all fine and good, that means I haven’t missed work… Wait where have I been for the last two days.
How do I explain this? Although that is the least of my worries, I don’t even know what happened. I just know that I went out with Sam last night... rather, Friday night. She left the club early because she had an appointment in the morning and wanted to get some extra sleep. She told me to stay and live up the night she couldn’t. Even though I just want to follow her and crawl in bed with her and lay in her arms I did as she asked. Now I am here, with no memory what so ever.
This can't be what is happing! As I grab at my phone and turn it on I feel its' cool, metallic texture began to purr with life, as it should. I had indeed missed a total of 66 missed calls and 6 voicemails, all from Sam. I should call her back right away but I need to figure this out first I don’t need to worry her. Okay I will just leave her a message to let her know I am fine.
In my distracted haste to find the phone and see what I had missed, and the thought of needing to tell her what she longed to hear; I neglected to look at the time. I subconsciously knew it must be morning but I didn't know for sure. I walk to the bathroom to rinse my face and look at the clock, seeing it but not really seeing it. I say this for it becomes clear that something was amiss. I walk out and find that it was dark. Pitch black actually. But how did I see or didn’t see on the clock, and why did I think it was morning. ‘What’s going on?’ I am so confused.
But there is this creeping suspicion that Sam just might be jealous. If it is what I thought it might be. She had wanted this, not me…least I didn’t think I wanted it.
The possibility is phantasmagoric. Yet, at the same time it is the most thrilling in my life. I don’t really know what to think, but I am glad it is happing. Maybe we can do this together.
IF…only if it is what I think and hope it to be.’
I lay down to a night of dreams, which I hope to be real. As I wake I realize that the nights sleep has lead to more discoveries of my new self than I realized. I rushed back to the bathroom to gaze at my reflection in the mirror. And when I got to the bathroom and flicked on the light, the only sight that met my eyes was that of the door I just entered through. I run a now pale finger over my mouth. I jerk it make with a pain, I see blood sliding down my finger to my palm. I suck the blood, as an expert. Hurriedly running back to my phone making only the sound of a gust of wind, I pick it up to find the time. My body told me it was morning it knew it was time to wake, but the clock read Eight o’clock p.m. I am what was thought and feared. A vampire, stranger to day and a companion to the night, that strange club that we went to must have been where it had happened.
With this knowledge all the obstacles in our way before could be overcome. Are love could finally the way she wanted. I know I had to give up what I cherished, but I am sure I could find pleasure and solace in the fact that we could share ours lives together forever. And I can give her that. Again like I have so many times before. I just want her to have whatever it is she wants. She had me in every way before and gave me more than I had ever asked for. Now, now it is my turn to give her want she wants, and has wanted for so long.
I hear heart as it screams my name. Longing to know if I am all right. Wanting me. I glide to her and give her what she has always wanted, but was to shy to ask for, a {c: violet} Vampires’ Kiss.
© Copyright 2007 Sam (magicgreensoul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1336306-A-Vampires-Kiss