*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1336491-Secrets-of-our-World-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1336491
Secrets of our World: Prologue: The Begining of the End
Prologue: The Begining of the End (This chapter is written through the prespective of Marie)

It was your classic story of good versus evil. Ok, wait, maybe not so much the “classic” part, but there was a disturbance between the delicate balance of good and evil. The wicked was tired of being triumphed over and was starting to revolt. This insanity had the world of the afterlife in complete chaos. Souls and spirits were confused on which side to take and many of them escaped back to earth, finding refuge existing among the human life.

I, of course, wasn’t around when my world fell into disorder. I was already on earth watching over four very special humans. Ironically enough, these living creatures got pulled into the battle of the departed souls of the past.

I remember the entire fiasco like it was yesterday. The rebellion of my world didn’t happen overnight. It took years in the making, decades actually. I had been watching over the four of them since about the time they started school. The first years I looked after them were anything but eventful, but that one special day, when they were on the road to becoming adults, changed everything.

I can close my eyes and see that day as vivid and clears as if I were reliving it.

The youngest of the four, a girl, was sneaking around inside an office building, waiting for disaster to come, yet again, into her life. There was another one at the building, but he was located outside, hiding in the shadows, waiting for the perfect time to strike. The other two resided in their houses, oblivious to the happenings at the building. One was simply studying for an upcoming exam. The other was silently crying in her bed, willing herself to go back to sleep and escape reality for a while longer.

This my friends, is their story.
© Copyright 2007 Amanda Lyn (skylarmarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1336491-Secrets-of-our-World-Prologue