*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1337565-From-london-to-venice-short-version
by dod´s
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1337565
From London to venice, is full full of love and decption
The restaurant was located in the east side of Venice, across the country from Sicily, it was 9:30 Pm on a chilly November night, it was a Tuesday and as usual one of the most important Italian mafia gangs was going to meet at Rafael’s.

The fist one to arrive to the dining room was Tito, a 6 `5, 250 pound monster. He was wearing a light pink suit with a pale yellow tie, he entered and sat where he always used to, next to one of the ends of the gigantic square table, the piece of furniture could hold up to 16 individuals but that night it was set up for 7 only, that meant that only the important members were going to be there that night.

The next one to arrive was Johnny, with the only foreigner member, Schwartz, he was a Russian giant, he was as tall as Tito only thinner, much thinner, he was also wearing a suit, it was grey, with grey shirt and tie. Johnny was wearing his typical black tuxedo, everyone thought that tuxedo was as old as Johnny himself; it even had white stains all over it.

All 4 of them sat together and started discussing the events of the last couple of months, after 30 or 40 minutes he finally came in, the boss, il capo, he entered with his only son, a 25 year old Italian stud, he was a great looking man who knew his way around women, was smart, loyal, bossy respected etc. He had everything it was going to take for him to be able to replace his father. Along with them arrived Carlo, the capo`s right hand, he had an all-Italian accent and look but he had actually been born in New Jersey.

Once the gang was complete Carlo gave the order, it was time to sit down. After 10 minutes a couple of waiters came in with a huge bowl of lasagna, everyone ate and it was time for the actual meeting to begin.

-€7`565,900.

Said Tito (who was in charge of the finances, after all he had a major in economics from the University of Rome.

-Not bad.
-I couldn’t agree more Mr. Luca added Schwartz.



In total they had imported 75 kilos of Chinese cocaine, 5300 bottles of illegal alcohol, 6 successful kidnappings, and a few moves in the British stock market, it had actually been a good couple of months considering that they were trying to hide from the police. When everyone was quiet Marcello proceeded to explain the gang’s next move. All their faces froze, that was the time to listen not speak.

Almost 900.000 km from there those same faces where being displayed in the center of London. Graham was showing Paul, Charlie, Ashleigh and Vivian their next target.

This is Marcello, the only son of Luca Moretti; he is most likely to continue with his father legacy, concluded Graham.

-Are we sure we are safe trying to con the Italian mafia?
Asked Charlie in a clear Liverpool accent.

€5.000.000, in cash! Added Vivian, plus Paul has made his homework, there is one and only one weakness to Luca Moretti.

-Daughter Stella interrupted Ashleigh, we have to find her, she lives in a huge loft in Camdem, once we locate her Paul will …

-I will make her fall for me,the 32 year old man added, then I’ll convince her we should go on a little trip, unfortunately Kent is filled with criminals and

-Guess what Mrs. Stella Moretti has been kidnapped, ransom €5 million (Graham interrupted again) no body has ever robbed the Italian mobster, ladies and gentleman we’re making history here.

-When are we starting? Charlie asked.

-Tomorrow.
The boss replied.
-Charlie you’ll locate her, Viv and Ash you have to become her friends, and then you’ll introduce her to your cousin Stephen.

And you Paul, you have to make her trust you, get the target ready and then call me.



At 9:30 AM of the next day the plan was on track, it was indeed an ambitious idea nobody had ever cheated or robbed Lucciano Moretti A.K.A Luca and the few that had tried were 3 feet under ground.

At exactly 11:30 Charlie finally found Stella, he sent and instant message to the girls and 2 hours later Vivian and Ashleigh were in the same café as their target.

-Great exposition?
-The one from the British gallery?
Asked Vivian.

-yes.

Stella being a huge art fan couldn’t ignore those statements and invited herself to the conversation.

-If you are discussing the Asian collection, allow me to disagree.

The fish had bitten the bait.

One thing led to another and by 6:43 all 3 girls were in their way to meet Ashleigh’s cousin Stephen, he has just arrived from France and they were all going out together.

When Stella saw Paul who was introduced to her as Stephen Zemeck she immediately saw something in him, he looked like a movie star from the golden era, but that wasn’t much of a coincidence Paul knew she liked that and he was dressing up like and old Hollywood actor.

The couple clicked immediatly and 12 days later everything was ready, the trip, the kidnap everything was so well planned, nothing could go wrong, but something they hadn’t foreshadow came up, Stella was in love with Paul, but it was mutual, once he had gotten to know her he has fallen for her too.

Just 3 hours before the van was going to pull in front of them and take the girl Paul confessed everything.




After spending €30.000 in the operation everything was over. Paul and Stella had disappeared and Graham and the others assumed he had begged for forgiveness and now the 2 lovebirds were enjoying their honeymoon somewhere in Europe.

23 days later while Graham and everyone else was getting ready to leave their “office” since they couldn’t afford it anymore and envelope arrived, it contained a postcard from the British Gallery and it said:

Thanks for allowing us to know each other, we’re currently traveling and we hope to see all of you again at some time. Love and Greetings Paul & Stella.

Ps. I never liked my own father but he would’ve paid twice as much.

Just as Graham was about to burn the postcard he saw it a check for €5.000.000. He dropped the box and started laughing.


© Copyright 2007 dod´s (mbuiles11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1337565-From-london-to-venice-short-version