*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1337740-Finding-the-Perfect-Christmas-Gift
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1337740
we’re faced with trying to figure out what to buy everyone on our Christmas list.
Every year we’re faced with trying to figure out what to buy everyone on our Christmas list. You want to be the Christmas gift giving hero, to be sure. You want to find just the right gift for each person on your list. You don't want to be banal and you don't want the typical, boring gifts that get stuffed into a closet and forgotten until it is re-gifted to someone else. You definitely don’t want to be the person who’s known as a great source of re-gifting.

Stores can be crowded, but you can easily walk out with your gift in hand. Buying gifts online can be fantastic, but you need to keep in mind that gifts takes time to arrive by mail and your gifts may not turn out exactly like what you were expecting. If you can conduct your online shopping very early in advance, then it is a really good option. Or if you can find gifts that can be delivered by expedited mail, then you’re good to go shopping online.

Bargain Gift-Giving

Sometimes it is necessary to have a gifting budget. This could be due to a limited income or large family or simply an agreement among the participants that no one will spend more than a certain amount. Now, low cost is a subjective term and inexpensive is in the eye of the beholder, but these ideas should help to at least give you some direction.

1. Digital Camera - there are a lot of very affordable digital cameras on the market, some as cheap as $20. Children love getting this type of gift and children as young as 9 or 10 can handle their own camera these days.
2. Movie Tickets - if you have a movie buff on your gift giving list, this is always a hit. You can buy tickets to their favorite theater or a gift card from a popular video rental store. Make a basket containing the card, microwave popcorn and a bottle of soda and you have a totally cool gift for an individual, couple or family.
3. Tea or Coffee Drinker - Pick up a couple of types of tea or coffee and a small container of honey. Get a couple of tea cups from your local dollar store; put it all in a basket and the tea or coffee drinker on your list.
4. A Romantic Evening - Place in a basket two champagne glasses, a bottle of champagne/brut/asti spumanti and a couple of candles make a great gift for a couple and usually runs $20 to $25.
5. Grab Bags - Package several affordable presents in individual packages and put them all in one sack. Kids and teens love this idea, but so do many adults. For children, consider buying bubble gum, a pair of movie tickets, super balls and a deck of cards. For adults, include a couple of books, DVD movie, a fine liquor and maybe a some nice cheese or caviar.

Slightly Higher-Priced Gifts

1. Sports, Theatre or Concert Tickets - These are always a great hit. Professional sports game tickets to the NFL, Golf, NHL or MLB or a college sports game tickets make excellent gift ideas. Concert, ballet or Broadway tickets are fantastic ideas for the culture set. Maybe even consider buying them show tickets to a place they plan on going to in the near future. For example, if they’re going to Las Vegas, buy a pair of Las Vegas show tickets.
2. Sports Car - OK, you aren't actually buying them a sports car, but you can rent a cool sports car for a day. This is a fun gift but may cost a little.
3. Bed & Breakfast – If you know a favorite area of the person you’re buying for, and it’s within driving distance, book a one-night stay at a bed and breakfast for them. A peaceful weekend can run you a few dollars, but it is a gift that is thoughtful and, in a sense, practical.
4. Interesting Bookends - If you have an avid reader who needs something whimsical to hold up their books, consider buying fishbowl bookends. You fill each bookend with water, rocks, plants and, you guessed it, fish, and you have a neat way to hold up your books. Of course there are other interesting bookends you could buy as well that you could attempt to match their other interests.
5. Lobster Gram – Stumped as to what to get that person who has everything? If they are a connoisseur of fine dining, why not send them a Lobster Gram? The neat thing about this present is that you can send a set of lobster tails, some surf and turf or the good ole tried and true live lobster. Of course, bibs are included with every order.

To be considered a hero around the holidays you don’t need to spend a lot of money. Rather, by truly listening to the person’s hobbies, interests, opinions and tastes, and then buying something that supports these things is the solution. Now go out and have some fun being creative with your gifts!

About the Author
M. Anderson works for www.ClickitTicket.com where you can find great holiday gift ideas (http://www.oakwebworks.com/tickets/holidaygifts/holidays.htm) for everyone on your list.
© Copyright 2007 writeonline (writeonline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1337740-Finding-the-Perfect-Christmas-Gift