*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338571-Waking-up
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1338571
English Class assignment where i was asked to write about something i do everyday.
It’s as is if I’ am floating. Floating above the world, watching everyone around me, but them not being able to see me. I’m swimming amongst the stars and they give a slight smile because they now know I’m there only visitor of the day. I watch the mountains as they hear the poundings beneath there surface. I watch as the rain announces its presence to its everyday canvas, the world. I notice the quick personality changes of small winds from a soft subtle breeze to a wildfire of destruction. My body moves in directions I have not directed it to go. It’s as if I’m a bird without wings a sailboat without a sail. A familiar aroma has fought its way through the pathway to my dreamland. It’s an aroma I shake hands with everyday. It’s a smell I know yet cannot recognize. My body reacts to the fluid and prompt greeting of a breeze as someone swiftly crosses my room and stands before me. As I drift further into the safety and security of my out-of-reality dreamland I’ am soon interrupted with the words I’ve learned to hate, “time to wake up”. A light touch hits my cheek and its with this one simple kiss to the side of my face that she expresses her over whelming love for me. This one simple kiss is a morning must. Because as the mother she is its something she can’t resist. It’s this one kiss that never leaves me because somehow it finds its way to replant itself to the side of my face every single day. My body shifts realizing that it has to leave the warmth of my bed. My eyes heavy are forcefully opened and introduced to the bright beaming lights cascading into my room from the world outside. My eyes focus on my alarm clock and it’s as if it’s smiling to me realizing that it doesn’t have to give me the unpleasant news of waking up. My aching legs swing out from under blankets that lay atop me. Coldness attaches itself to me and pushes its way through my entire body as my feet hit the ground. The floor grasps to my feet as if it they are helping me achieve the deed I hate the most, waking up.
© Copyright 2007 II3orn2dance (ii3orntodance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338571-Waking-up