*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339362-Never-Be-Afraid-Of-The-Dark
Rated: E · Short Story · Holiday · #1339362
A 13 year old girl who doesn't want to go out trick or treating by herself.
While every one was trick or treating
One stayed home because she was afraid of the dark
She went to her room and pulled out her costume and put it on
"Sarah are you sure you want to go out alone?"
"Yes mom I'll be fine I've got to face my fears remember what you told me"
"Yes sweetie I do"
"Bye mom I'll see you in a couple of hours. I love you"
Off she went into the night.
ALONE!!!!
"Crunch" Sarah just kept walking very fast to the next house.
"Crunch" She was trying not to scream and then someone jumped out from behind the tree. She yelled so loud that the neighbor came out of the house and said"What is the matter dearie?" Sarah was so scared she couldn't say anything to the old lady who came outside. "Ummm, no miss I'm sorry I just got scared thats all. I'm sorry for all that screaming I did." "It's ok dearie, would you like to come in for some hot apple cider?" "Sure miss...Ummm what is your name?" "My name is Miss.Rider" Sarah walked up to the front porch and came inside the house for some hot apple cider. "This is a nice house Miss.Rider. I love the color of your living room!!" She was looking around the house when she looked out the window by the kitchen. She saw two glowing eyes looking at her,she was trying not scream like she did outside of Miss.Rider's house."Dearie will you come help me with these cups? I don't want to spill them on my brand new carpet." Sarah came down to help Miss.Rider with the hot apple cider. She sat down in a comfy chair and started to talk to her. "Umm...Miss.Rider, Have you seen two eyes outside the window by the kitchen?" "No,dearie I haven't seen anything out that window. I dont look out that window anymore. After what happened to my oldest son"larry"" "What happened to larry? Miss.Rider" "He was looking out that window and something was staring at him and he kept staring at it and then all i heard was a loud scream and then I came running downstairs and he was...he was ....."sob"...gone." Now Sarah got up and walked over to Miss.Rider and said'I am very sorry for your loss Miss.Rider. I think I should go home now." Sarah walked over to the door and started to walk out "Be careful dearie" "I will" As Sarah walked outside she quickly walked home to find that her mother was not at the house.She kept knocking on the door til her father answered. "Sarah are you ok?" "No daddy just let me in." She walked in the house and ran to her room and didn't come out til she heard her mother walk in the door."Honey I'm home!" Sarah walked slowly downstairs to find that her mother looked just like the person who jumped out of the bushes at her. "So how was your night dear? Scare any one tonight like you do every other halloween." "Oh yes,I did. It was our daughter, Sarah." Sarah came downstairs scared to death to go any closer to mother. "So do you think you want to go out trick or treating by yourself anymore." "No I'll just go to Julie's house every halloween after school from now on." "Do you really think you should have been staring out that window when you were in Miss.Rider's house." "I dont know but i want know what those two eyes were." "They were mine." Sarah ran to her room trying not to cry.
© Copyright 2007 (12~16~08) (camelgirl92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339362-Never-Be-Afraid-Of-The-Dark