*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339450-There-isnt-a-title-yet
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1339450
It's a work in progess. Middle of story. Vampires. added more to the end.
“What are you saying?” She looked straight at him, not believing what she had just heard.
“I’m… I’m asking you to move out. I’m only asking because I don’t want to demand.”
“Wha…” She started, but Kelan cut her off.
“Please, Abreal. It’s easier this way. So much easier.”
“We can work this out. We can make this work.”
“Just Stop! It will not work. Please, just go.”
“I want you to mean it. Mean what you’re telling me! You told me you loved me. Why say that if it’s nothing! But, I suppose I wouldn’t expect you to understand. You’re just void of any human emotion! Do something! Stop just standing there, say something.” Abreal screamed ‘till she was practically hoarse.
         “Well, I’m sorry you feel that way.” She doubled over; as if Kelan’s informal response had knocked her breathless.
“You’re what? Sorry, I feel this way? What the hell is wrong with you?”
         “I suppose I’m not human. What exactly did you expect?” He looked right at her, trying to understand why he felt this way. Do I love her? He raged in his won head.
         “Just tell me,” Abreal started slowly, “just tell me, do you really love me? Is there even a flicker of flame for the love you once felt?”
         “I thought I did. I really thought I loved you, I still do. But there’s something…” Kelan trailed off, sitting on the side of the frail banister.
         “What? What is it?” She was crying now, begging for answers.
         “I’m not sure. But every time I touch you, every intimate caress, whispered word, it just feels wrong. I can’t explain it. But look at me! Abreal, really just look at me!” He grabbed her face, firmly turning her head, so their eyes met. “I’m a monster.” Kelan whispered, before slowly turning away and walking down the long hall.
         “Stop doing that! You’re not a monster. You had to do it! That’s what you told me, that’s what…” She was cut off by the glaringly dark look Kelan turned on her.
         “I am a monster.” He spit. And in the moment, the short time it took for him to look at her and speak, she knew she had lost him forever. And forever to a vampire, could mean a very long time.
         He walked into his huge room. Sweeping back the curtains, he stared out at the black night. He felt better gazing at the stars. The stars never change. After the 178 years he had watched them they never seemed to move. They could never hurt him.  He really had loved her, if that meant anything. She was beautiful, she was human. But lately, just in the last few months, every time he touched her, every time Abreal kissed him, it felt, somehow… wrong. He shivered, even though the night was hot. He wasn’t human, he was a monster. She should be scared of him, disgusted. He was a murderer. A cold-blooded killer. Actually, he thought, a no-blooded killer. Kelan laughed with pain at the idea. He was so thirsty. He’d stopped drinking, thinking that maybe he felt wrong because of the blood. It was so hard. He could hardly walk a mile away from a person without the venom soaking into his mouth, burning his throat.
         “Open the damn door!” Abreal banged on the thick wood. “I deserve an explanation. A real one!” Kelan knew she needed answers. But, in truth, so did he. He collected his thoughts as he slowly swept across the room to unlock the door.
         “What’s going on? Tell me, please. I can take it. I promise.” She choked on the last words, as she looked up at him, his eyes burning into hers.
         “I don’t… I just don’t know.” Kelan whispered.
Abreal crumbled onto the floor. “But, why?” She smothered her sobs in her small hands. “Why don’t you know? You always knew before…”
He gaped at her, too scared to move. He did always know before. But, it was leaving him. Kelan’s overt knowledge of everything going on around him was slowly, but surely bleeding from him.
         “Goodnight.” He whispered, quietly shutting the door on Abreal’s tear soaked face.
         Sometime in the night, Abreal walked back to her room, lying down in a dream-like trance. She wanted to hate him. She wanted to scream at him, and blame him. But, it wasn’t his fault, she knew that. She had felt him pulling away. It happened very slowly at first. He was just a little more distant. His kisses became needy, like he wanted to feel something he just couldn’t remember how to feel, like he needed to feel something. And, of course, she did nothing. Abreal had just thought he was thirsty. She had noticed he had stopped “drinking”. And now… now he wasn’t even talking to her. What did I do? She cried in her head. He had said it felt wrong for him. But why?
         Abreal had known they couldn’t go on as they were. She was human, she would age and die. But, Kelan, an immortal, a vampire, he would never turn gray, he would never lean on a walking stick, and die quietly next to her. So, is this some kind of twisted “fate” pulling us along? Some kind of ruined tomorrow where I will be a normal girl, and Kelan will… what? She thought; never exist in my dystopia of a world.  She quickly wiped that thought from her mind. Where-ever Kelan was she would be there too. Abreal swiftly sat up in bed as she realized, she still loved him. Kelan’s painful words and looks of indifference didn’t change that she loved him with her whole heart.
              Her reflections were cut short by Kelan slamming into her room, throwing the door half way across the room. The wooden splinters flew up in the air as the door smashed into the far wall. Abreal screamed out in fright ducking her head down into her soft pillow.
              “Abreal!” He bellowed in panic, flashing over to her bedside.
              “What the hell? What’s wrong?” She screamed, adrenaline still pumping through her veins.
              “I… I don’t know. I don’t know what just happened! I just… and then…”
              “Sit down, and start from the beginning”
              “Well, I was in my room, thinking. And then, I… I threw-up.” He looked at her, watching for the rising horror he had felt.
              “Really? You almost killed me because you threw-up? Great, Kelan.” She tried pushing him off her bed, but his stone hard body didn’t move an inch, Kelan didn’t even feel it. He took her hands in his.
              “That’s not all. I got sick, which has never, in my whole 178 years, happened. But, it was blood. I threw-up blood. Please, Abreal, I don’t know what’s happening to me.” He dropped her hands, and turned away, sitting perfectly still, like a beautiful, heartbreaking statue.
              “What could this mean? Have you heard of this happening to anyone else…?” Abreal racked her brain for some explanation. Kelan still, not moving, said nothing. “Maybe it’s from not drinking?” Kelan’s whole body flew around to face her.
              “How did you…? You knew? You knew I wasn’t drinking? How?” His confusion and wonder overshadowed every other emotion.
              “Well,” She started off, a little embarrassed, “you started acting strange, and then I noticed you were going out less. And now, you never go out. You’re always locked in this big, gloomy house of yours. I just… noticed.”


(and it's not over........ tune back for the rest... i don't know when. lol.)
© Copyright 2007 Jamie Lynn (jamieawesome at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339450-There-isnt-a-title-yet