*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339836-Jennifers-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Educational · #1339836
This is about a young teenage girl who's father is abusive because of alcohol.
There was something in the air. It was different, it was full of joy and change.  Hope could feel the sudden change in the air, though she was lying on the cold, hard asphalt in the middle of a quiet street.  She had been slipping between consciousness and unconscious from being badly  beaten up.  She had only awakened from her slightly  unconscious state  from the light rain that had begun to fall.

“Hooooopee??? Where are you?” Tiffany called out

“I’m Here!” Hope answered weakly in reply. Her voice was too quiet for her best friend Tiffany(Tif) to hear, it was almost like a whisper. 

“Hope, good thing I found you. Oh my gosh!! HOPE!!!!!! HOPE!!!!!! Someone Call 911!!!! Hope you’ll be okay!!! DO NO.........”  Tif screamed as hot, wet tears stung her face as the wind began to blow.

                                                              ********

When Hope woke up she found herself in a strange white room.  She found herself remembering only part of what Tif had said before she sank into unconsciousness. 

“Can you hear me?” a hospital attendant asked just to see if she had lost her hearing.  Hope tried to motion to tell him that she could hear him.  He noticed that she was trying to motion that she could.

“Well I see that you are trying to tell me that you can hear me you probably are choosing not to talk because you are tired.”  The hospital attendant said in one big breath. 

As Hope was looking at him she couldn’t help noticing how handsome he was.  He sort of scared her.  He reminded her too much of her father.  He drank a lot.  He also physically abused her.  So her face which should be unharmed and pretty was bloody and bruised.

How you ask could a father of such a beautiful daughter be a drunk?  Well I will tell you.
               
                                                              ********

Twenty years ago on a cold rain filled night on May 22, 1986 a baby girl was born.  Her mother was none other than the greatest woman doctor alive.  News Spread quickly that Jennifer Marie Smith just had a baby girl.  The shocking news arrived that an hour after the birth of her tiny daughter Jennifer Marie had died.  The last words she said were I Love You My Jennifer Hope Smith.  The baby looked exactly like her mother.  Hope as she was called to have distinction between her and her mother.  Her mothers brother was completely devastated.  Her father was so upset he began to drink that very night.  He started to become a complete abomination to the name that was known world wide.  He started to pay someone to look after Hope until she was five.  He never played with Hope.  Hope and her father never had a good relationship with each other. That’s how Hope ended up in a hospital.


Later that day her friend Tif came by and when she looked at Hope she thought that Hope looked worse than before now that she was all cleaned up.  She had multiple cuts and bruises on her face and countless other wounds that were hidden from view.  Tif knew something about Hope that not many people knew about her.  It appeared that Hopes father was very abusive.  Many times Hope came to school in pain from her fathers’ abusive attitude.  Hope would lie about her bruises and scratches by saying that she had dropped things or tripped and hid the bruises with long sleeves.

Hope didn’t really seem up to talking. The doctors finally figured out what had happened to Hope. Her father had beaten her up and then run over her with a car.  This was really physically and mentally harming.  It appeared that Hope was only physically harmed.  She was only found as it was starting to rain.

“Hope, how are you. Yes I know that your dad abuses you. I’ve known for a long time. I figured it out on my own.” Tif said as an answer to the questioning look on Hopes face.

“I’m......fine..........now.” Hope said very weakly and slowly “Any news about or from my dad? Have they (cough) found him.  My father beat me.  He.......he........he had more then his usual amount of alcohol today.  He and his friend beat me.  They dragged me into the road, I tried to run away but I couldn't, and in their drunken stupor ran over me as they were leaving to get more drinks.”

“Sorry Hope, I don’t think your dad is going to bother about you.” Tif said.

Just then the door creaked open, Hopes’ dad peeked in.  Tif decided to leave but stood by the door just in case.  Hopes Father walked in.  For once he didn’t reek or have the slightest smell of alcohol.

“Hope Baby, Why didn’t you call me? I was worried.  I thought that you had been kidnapped.” Hopes father said as innocently as he could. 

“Well, I couldn’t call you if I was unconscious. Can I! You know what, I wouldn’t be in here if it wasn’t for you. JUST GET OUT OF HERE!!!  I DON’T WANT YOU IN MY LIFE EVER AGAIN. I WAS HAPPY UNTIL YOU GOT HERE” Hope yelled at him very bluntly

With that Hopes father left never to be seen or heard of again(he drank himself to death).  Hope was wishing that some how someone would help her since now she had no family that she knew of that she could go to.
                                                               
                                                    *************
© Copyright 2007 bookfreak1 (firerose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339836-Jennifers-Story