*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339981-One-million-year-of-lonliness-ch-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1339981
this is the third chapter, not as good as the others, not as much action
Chapter 3:

Museum meeting

Michelle and I are tourists again, we are at a museum, and there isn’t much to do, so we are currently having lunch, not much fun if there is no point, Michelle is having a toasted sandwich with ham cheese and tomato and I am having a plain beef pie.

We finish, get up and start walking away, I hear someone else get up and start following us, I’m paranoid so they may not be following us, I guide us towards the bones of dead things, you never know, I might recognise someone I knew.

The footsteps follow us through the dinosaurs and other fossils, skeletons and funny looking rocks, at which point I stop, turn and grab the person by the throat, as I thought, it is the pyromancer, “What do you want now?” I groan.

“Please, let go and I explain,” he jibbers, his English isn’t very good and his accent is strong, today he is wearing normal clothes, a dark red t-shirt, black jacket with fire stitched into the bottom and black pants.

“you look no different from yesterday,” he comments, I am wearing the same clothes as yesterday, black cargo pants, white t-shirt, showing of my muscles, and a black cotton great coat. Michelle is wearing a black t-shirt, tight black jeans and a black leather great coat; both of our coats hide weapons.

I put the man down, “I’m sorry I try sneak up on you,” he bows his head, “and for rash behaviour yesterday,” he looks up, and I mean up, to look me in the face, he is six foot two and I am seven foot three.

“I though was all powerful, I thought unbeatable, you proved wrong, I am here to take up your offer, you offer to help, I want join,” he says weakly, looking at me pleadingly.

“What do you think, my love?” I ask, turning to Michelle.

“I propose a test, a trial, to prove he is good enough,” she answers firmly.

“I completely agree, my love, that is a brilliant idea,” I declare, at the pyromancer’s fallen look, I add, “what is your name?”

“My name, in English,” he pauses to think, “is Nathaniel, yes that is it,” he finishes firmly, and grins widely.

“Well we shall decide on the challenge for you, anything you want specifically added?”

“Something with fire, le feu est bon,” (fire is good) he replies, nodding vigorously, I laugh.

“Obviously something with fire, but other things too, jusqu'à la fois prochaine,”
(*F,until next time) I promise.

He grins and wanders off.

“What did you say to him?” Michelle inquires, looking after the man who has just departed, Michelle can’t speak French, she prefers German, I insisted at least one other language.

Ich sagte, bis folgendes Mal,” (**G, I said, until next time) I reply in German.

Fahren wir fort?” (G, shall we continue) Michelle asks.

“Yes, I think we shall, my love,” I answer.

So we do, we look through the rest of the museum, and no, I don’t spot anyone I knew, but I didn’t know them as skeletons so I might have many people I knew.

After the museum we go and have afternoon tea, I don’t know why, but we do.

“Well, the museum was more and less than I expected,” Michelle comments, over her coffee and food, I can’t remember what it is.


“So, what shall the trial be, my love?” I ask Michelle as we walk into our hotel room.

“Why you askin’ me?” she counters and, after kicking of her shoes, leaps onto the bed, from the doorway.

“Because I value your opinion,” I reply, and leap onto the bed beside her. “And I would never have come up with a trial by myself,” I finish and kiss her on the throat.

“Well,” she says, with a smile, kissing me back, “as he said, something with fire, but putting it out, not just starting it.”

“Brilliant!” I almost yell, “that is one of the many reasons I love you,” I kiss her again, “your brain.”

“Well, I’ve been doing the brilliant thinking all day, now it is your turn,” she kisses me and raises her eyebrow.

“In that case, I think something to do with speed and strength, but apart from that…” I shrug.

“Well, that seems a good start, how about and obstacle coarse,” I declares.
“Brilliant, just brilliant,” I shake my head, “I don’t know how I ever lived without you,” I
kiss her again.

She grins, “how about we think of the obstacles later,” and kisses me again.


*F = French

**G = German

Meseums are mostly educational, good for tourism, not much fun
© Copyright 2007 peanuts (peanuts at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339981-One-million-year-of-lonliness-ch-3