*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1341685-Alixander-Fey-Gorgok
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: NPL · Other · Other · #1341685
Alixander Fey's revenge on his most hated enemy, the earth dragon Gorgok.

Gorgok



I hate you, Gorgok. I hate you.

As if the dragon could read his thoughts, a deep voice rumbled through the pitch-black cave. “You are nothing to me, DragonLord,” the voice said in draconic.

Alixander Fey shifted uneasily on Gleidr’s back as he replied in the same language. “I shall kill you, Gorgok. ‘Tis been a long year, but I finally have you cornered,” he shouted into the blackness of the cave.

I shall burn you, as I burned WillowShire,” the dragon responded. Alix could almost get a feel for where he was, but the cave was too dark to be certain about anything.

“And I shall slay you as I have slain your dravir!”

In response to Alixander's threats, the mighty earth dragon Gorgok launched himself from his perch in the dark shadows of the cave. He swooped down upon Alix and his dragon, reaching out with his fangs and aiming for Gleidr’s wings. Gleidr, who had a better sense of hearing than Alix, had already predicted where Gorgok had hidden himself, and the young nature dragon deftly avoided Gorgok’s attack. Alix lashed out with his powerful mithril axe, severing a chunk of flesh from Gorgok’s face as the dragon groped aimlessly in the dark for his intended target. Gleidr surged forward and brought his sharp claws to bear on Gorgok’s underside, desperately trying to wound the older and larger dragon.

As soon as Gorgok recovered from the wound that Alix had dealt him, he batted Gleidr away from his body and flung himself after the smaller dragon. Gorgok could see no better than Gleidr and Alix, and as he flung himself forward, he was blasted aside by a wave of powerful green flame from Gleidr. His burning flesh provided just enough light for him to see his attacker, and he responded by launching his own quick burst of flame before he retreated to the other side of the cave.

The two dragons circled the dark cave slowly, each waiting for the other to make a mistake. Alix reached down and began to cast a healing spell on his dragon, but suddenly fire rained down form the top of the cave, burning the edges of Gleidr’s wings as the young dragon scrambled to avoid Gorgok’s breath. Alix mumbled a few draconic words that stopped the fire and ordered it to return to his enemy. The spell worked, and the breath that continued to illuminate the entire cave stopped midway between Gorgok and Gleidr. After a moments pause, the flame shot back up towards the earth dragon, blazing a red-hot trail through the sky as it obeyed Alix’s magical command.

Gorgok let forth a bone chilling howl as the flames burned deeply into the soft flesh of his underbelly. In rage, he threw himself downwards, biting deeply into Gleidr’s shoulder. Alix raised his axe again and hacked into Gorgok’s neck, but the dragon was too focused on killing his enemy to notice pain. Raising a hand, Alix whispered,

Drik’ske ve kre’shcak!{/color}” [Nails of Stone]

Three two-foot long spikes of pure rock formed at his hand, and he directed them to shoot forward into Gorgok’s already wounded neck. The spikes all landed within the cut that Alix had already delivered to the dragon, and as he pressed down with magical energy, they drove themselves deeply into Gorgok’s arteries. The dragon let go and reared back, only to strike again at Gleidr’s flank. This time however, Gleidr defended himself as he sank his own teeth into the other dragon’s side. Alix nearly lost his balance several times as the two dragons bucked and twisted in mid-air.

Gleidr disengaged his teeth from Gorgok and glided back a few meters, only to charge in again and ram his wickedly hooked horns in to Gorgok’s side. The powerful Gorgok fell back and tumbled towards the ground, but he regained his balance and launched another massive wave of flame at Gleidr just before he collided with the hard stone. Gleidr tried to follow Gorgok and finish him, but he was caught off guard by the older dragon’s quick recovery and he was burned badly from the flame. He swooped up towards the ceiling and began raining down his own green flame upon his nemesis. Gorgok dodged the flame and charged upwards, hoping to land a killing blow upon Gleidr, but Alix directed his dragon to glide downwards, and Gorgok overshot his prey by several meters.

Gleidr and Alix suddenly found themselves staring into the soft underbelly of the dragon responsible for destroying WillowShire. Usually, Alix would have commanded Gleidr to show mercy, but Gorgok had caused him too much pain. Gleidr used his DragonMagic to cast an elemental nova, and as his body began to glow with blue-black energy he corkscrewed in midair and shot forward, sinking his powerful horns into Gorgok’s heart.

The mighty earth dragon plummeted towards the ground, screaming in agony as his lifeblood spilled out into the cold air. He would not regain his balance this time; Gorgok, the Scourge of WillowShire, was dead. In the manner of all earth dragons, Gorgok returned to the element from which he came. His arms and legs stiffened as his entire body turned to cold, grey stone. When Alixander Fey watched his most hated enemy collide with the cave floor and shatter into a thousand pieces, he heaved a sigh of relief. “That was for WillowShire,” he said softly. “Maybe now we can begin to rebuild.”


Edited 10/31/07                                                                            a. p. alexander

© Copyright 2007 a p alexander (apalexander at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1341685-Alixander-Fey-Gorgok