*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342650-The-Blood-Runners-Clan-preface
Rated: E · Preface · Action/Adventure · #1342650
The preface of a book im writing
As the shiny blade whipped through the victim's throat, there was a cry of pain, and a thump of death. The body lay motionless, like a rock, the killer just standing there, with a smirk and no sign of remorse.
There was a sound outside the door. The door opened and a little, fragile face peeked out. Then, the blood-curdling scream of a frightened girl woke up the neighborhood. What could have done this to her father? Or, a better question, who did this to him.
Tears cascaded from the little girl's innocent eyes. She looked around. There was nothing except for a window, open just a crack. From this observation, she picked herself up and slinked to the window.
Nothing seemed to stir.
She felt like something or someone would jump out of the silent darkness, but nothing did.
The blood-splattered room was silent for a moment, and then the girl ran out of the room. Just as she did, the eyes of a killer peered into the room from right outside the window.
© Copyright 2007 Montygrizz (montygrizz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342650-The-Blood-Runners-Clan-preface