*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342805-the-fire-people
Rated: · Prose · Other · #1342805
unreachable desires
Being one of the fire people has always been the most difficult thing in my life! It just makes everything hard and complicated… it's difficult to move from place to place… difficult to go out of the houses… and most of all… walking under the rain!!

Like any normal curious person, taking risks was always one of my pleasures! I liked taking risks… especially harming and dangerous ones! Something has always attracted me to the rain… the most dangerous risk ever for fire people! But this pure soft danger was calling me… it spelled my name day after day asking me to follow it… to go forward it… to be closer and closer to it… but I was afraid to do so…

Each time it rained… I just stayed in my bed… imagining I was out there dancing in the rain… watching it blessing the earth around… listening to the plants' stories and pains… or even talking to me… telling me we could be good friends though we're different!

Day by day… I became more and more curious to touch it and be closer to it… so that when it rained again… I got the courage to watch it through the window… that was just amazing! It was my first time that I see such pure deep coloures! Its gorgeous view just hypnotized me and made me dizzy!

The time after… I stood in front of the window… watching it interestingly! Then… as I was about to faint from its wonderful pureness… I opened the window's glass carefully! That was the most exciting wet experience in my whole life! But…despite its wetness and beauty… I felt it burned me a little and was a bit uncomfortable… it was hard to face the most dangerous thing for me! But the sure thing was… that it gave me some pleasure and excitement…

But the tragedy happened last time it rained! That time I decided to go wild out there in the pouring rain! That was the most dangerous and irresponsible decision of my whole life! I went out of my home…danced in the rain joyfully as I always wished… but… it got me all burned…



© Copyright 2007 pretty athens (janan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342805-the-fire-people