*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343810-Traces-of-Nattika
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1343810
An introduction to the world of Grissalha
TRACES OF NATTIKA



A forgotten world, recited in folklore that few could recall.  A myth, passed from generation to generation, told about a period of time when the glory of the magical world's existence colored the air and flourished with the sweetness of life.  But in this new age, the evidence of her former greatness became scarce, even the slightest memory had faded.
Would the name be spoken, yet again?  Over millennia, through poems and epics, the ancient history preserved only to be known by scholars and only a handful of privileged people.  It had survived ages of darkness and destruction, and lingered still in the time of peace.
Grissalha, she was called.  And the name would be spoken, yet again.

                   The history of early Grissalha was tainted by blood.  It was when the power of the Elementals was in a state of imbalance.  It was time of Chaos, a time of War.  A time when Shuuraj the Sun God, the champion who freed Grissalha from the clutches of Karas the Fallen Immaterion, rose up to his throne and dominated all land with his iron fist.  After centuries of suffering, people of Grissalha fought back.  And to their doom, they were sent. 
                   The battle demanded all their efforts and their very lives.  But everything was in vain when they failed.  Their pride crumbled to dust.  The people succumbed to grief and desperation.  When the Sun God thought he had succeeded, fate turned against him.  Another Immaterion emerged like a beacon in the dark, as if to compensate for Karas' transgression.  Kain of the First Star, a true guardian spirit, summoned the four pillars of Elementals and unleashed the power of Nattika, the very essence of Grissalha.  Light exploded and washed the lands near and far like a tidal wave, but gently soothed and healed wounds and scars.  Shuuraj the Sun God was defeated his reign of terror ended.  Light seeped back to its shell deep in the heart of Nattika. 
                   The time of darkness was over and the period of peace began.  That was a day of which people referred in ancient history as “The Day of Light” when they were freed from shadow.  As abruptly as he appeared, the guardian spirit of Grissalha disappeared along with the downfall of the Sun God.  To where, no one knew.
                   Years passed as the people of Grissalha lived peacefully, scars from the past seemed forgotten.  Dark memories were swept away, no longer the bitterness.  No longer were the pain and suffering.  Life flowed ever so lightly, ever so calmly.           
                   They became careless.  They forgot.
                   History repeated itself like an endless loop. 
                   Glitter of glory and gold had pampered greed and selfishness and the need to dominate.  Driven mad by desire, the seeds of evil grew in their hearts.  And the people of Grisslaha would yield to the power of swords and arrows.  In the reign of darkness, the lands, the skies and the seas would be tainted by tears and cries.  Blood would be spilled when men slaughtered their own kin.
                   History repeated.
                   The key to salvation lied deep in the heart of Nattika, the great forest existed only in myths and legends.  There, Kain of the First Star awaited in silence for the rebirth of the Elementals.  The Guardians of the four pillars would rise to their thrones to regain balance in Grissalha and to bring peace once again.
"River of fire.  Heart of the ocean.  Rider of the wind.  Mother earth."

         And so the story begins ....

© Copyright 2007 Gabrielle Marle (charma13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343810-Traces-of-Nattika