*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1344933-Deserted-Beach
Rated: E · Monologue · Nature · #1344933
Fictional description of a deserted beach at sunset.
         The breeze of a thousand summers gently drifts by, while the sun is playfully chased away by a vertigo of fruitful colours. And I can’t help but think that it reminds me of the everlasting dream I once yearned against, knowing that there must be an end somewhere! But, was there an end? It didn’t look like it at this point in time. It was a scene in which you wished the sky belonged to you. The scenes that never change, no matter how many new days are born.
         The sand suddenly showed a likeness to its neighbour, the ocean, as they both glimmered magnificently in the unhurried, fading sunlight. An artist’s dream, I think swiftly, gazing into the unreal images.
         Yet, each grain of sand was real, and each wave the ocean gave birth to was glamorous in its own given way.
         Oh, and the shells. The beautiful shields, which protect defenceless animals who would soon grow strong enough to protect themselves! Fantastic colours, they all came in. Peaches and pinks, whites, blacks. Perhaps even some colours unheard of? Even so, each delicate casing was turned just on the right side, so all could be admired.
         
         This must be what it’s like to find the pearl inside of the oyster.

         There aren't moments like this. This is the moment. My footprints can be traced to the aged stone steps, but they don’t go in a perfect line. They wander, like the ocean does throughout each day. Back, and forth, and side to side, however never in the same way twice.
         I look at the ocean. An exquisite shade of azure, with glitter just thrown all over it! I stare at it and shake my head. The thousands of colours blend lovingly, providing the warmth the sun is no longer present to offer. The feeling of the sand between my toes as I lightly bend them is rough at touch, but the sand as a whole is soft, and runs perfectly through the small gaps.
         And at the end of it all, I see new footsteps, born from the aged stone steps.
© Copyright 2007 Leanne Warner (lea_warner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1344933-Deserted-Beach