*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1346255-The-Faith-Hurdle
Rated: E · Monologue · Philosophy · #1346255
more so ...
I always believe in the white wall defense; meaning that if there is a white wall you need not keep on repeating it is a white wall. Reiterating that it is a white wall is more or less a way of expressing your doubt as to the authenticity of it being a white wall.

Similarly, when you keep talking about Faith and try to reiterate that faith; then what shows up is Doubt. Faith exists so why keep on harping about it; if there is faith, there is faith; if not, then there is not - what is the big deal about it that we need to constantly reiterate that faith. Cause that is what our order of churches and everything makes us do. Day in day out, they drill the tenets of faith so that one fine day instead of the faith that you started the journey with, all that you are left with is doubt, surmise and someone's idea of what amounts to faith.
© Copyright 2007 blocks_in_writing (sirigina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1346255-The-Faith-Hurdle