*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1347600-Butterfly-Girl
by sam
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1347600
this was for school, some certain sentances are numbered. check out?
                (1) To get in trouble for being late is one of the things I’ve been having problems with. Saving the world and trying to make a living is tough most of the time. I barely have time for schoolwork or even friends anymore. (2) Picking up my pace, I try to hurry to be on time for most things. However, trouble is always lurking around every corner. Who am I? I’m Butterflygirl.
         It all started when I went to the Costa Rican Rainforest to study insects. On the tour through the rainforest, I wandered off. I didn’t mean to, I was so fascinated I got lost. (3) I found a mysterious place by tripping over my own feet. It was a complete accident. I fell into the pit and found myself in a tunnel. I walked a little ways through the tunnel into this cave. There were butterflies all over the place. I entered fast, excited that I found what I had. (4) The butterflies, surprised by my entrance, flew up and started swarming all over the place. I didn’t know what to do because I couldn’t see.
         Then I felt something on my hand. I looked down and I saw a red and black butterfly. All the other butterflies were orange and blue. (5) Bringing it slowly toward me was the only way I could examine it more closely. As I was trying to examine the butterfly, it bit me on the hand. I didn’t know a bite from a butterfly could hurt so much. I got scared, so I ran out of the room, into the tunnel, and out the opening, swatting the butterflies as I ran.
         When I got out of the pit, I felt so dizzy. (6) I wanted to faint. I hurried back to the group of people so they wouldn’t suspect anything. I didn’t mention anything about the butterflies.
         I flew home on a plane that night. When I got home, I went straight upstairs and slept. I woke up the next day and reached for my glasses. When I put them on, I almost fell over. I couldn’t see anything. (7) After I realized I didn’t need them, I went into the bathroom to wash my face. I was freaked out when I found that my skinny arms now grew twice as big with muscle. My whole body gained twice as much muscle!
         I thought about the night before in Costa Rico. I thought that maybe it was a reaction to the bite. However, when I touched it, I felt something in my back. I was too afraid to look. When I looked in the mirror, I saw wings behind my head. (8) The wings, which were red and black like the butterfly, were all jagged around the edges. I touched my hand where the butterfly bit me again, and they disappeared. There was only one thing left to do.
         I went to the top of a building. I touched the bite and my wings came out of my back. I flexed the muscles in my back and I felt my wings flapping rapidly. I jumped off the edge of the building and soared over the top of five buildings. When I landed on the fifth, I couldn’t believe it. I knew that I was bitten for a purpose, so I could save the city from evil. I even designed an outfit for myself.
         (9) My life, changing right before me, would never be the same again. I knew I had to be devoted to fighting crime from now on. I went into action; fighting off trouble anywhere I saw it. People don’t know who I am. I didn’t tell anyone of my secret identity. I cover it by acting like a normal human being. (10) I love saving innocent people from the bad guys. I am a hero. It may get tough now and then, but I’m Butterflygirl. Nothing will bring me down!
© Copyright 2007 sam (callmeasafebet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1347600-Butterfly-Girl